A Guide To Van Hire Rental Advice And Tips On The Gold Coast
Posted: Sep 18, 2018
Making a van hire on The Gold Coast has never been easier with great local family owned and operated rental companies who are waiting to provide you with the best quality vans and customer service possible. They have suitable vans for moving that load whether it’s rubbish from the backyard or you’re moving house. It is usually more cost effective and saves lots of time to hire a van rather than making your move in families and friends cars.
Some great tips to ensure your hire is successful and stress free:
- Consider just what you need to move, most people have lots of stuff that they have accumulated over the years. This is a great time to get rid of the stuff you don’t need, sell, send it to the recycle center or give to friends.
- Once you know what you’ll be moving you can work out the size of van you need.
- Now you how big your load is, you can start to consider the time it will take for your move. Can you do it in a few hours, will it take a whole day or weekend?
- It really pays to make as booking early so contact your local
- Ask them about their rate charges often they have special prices for weekends and 3 day weekends.
- Check the hire conditions and take a look at the safety features of their vans. See what extras they can provide like hydraulic lifts and trolleys which can make your moving job easier.
- Take a look at the insurance they offer, this is often included in the rental charge. Often credit card companies offer a free insurance cover if you pay with your card so you are already covered for any accidents or damage.
- See about roadside assistance some rental companies offer this as standard with their van hire.
- When hiring any vehicle always check it thoroughly inside and out for any damage such as scratches or dents. If you find any, make sure you take a photo of it and get your van hire company to mark it on the hire agreement. Otherwise, you could be blamed and charged for it.
- Be aware that driving a modern van is similar to driving a car, but you have to take into account the extra size both in width and height. A van also has larger blind spots than a car so extra care needs to be taken for vehicles behind you especially motorbikes that are hard to see.
- It is important to understand because of the extra weight when loaded a van requires a longer distance to stop. So you should drive more slowly that you would in your car, especially at night or on unfamiliar routes.
Gold Coast Truck Rentals offer Truck, Pantech, Ute & Van Hire on the Gold Coast suburbs. We strive to maintain a hassle free experience for our clients, at an affordable rate.