- Views: 13
- Report Article
- Marketing & Advertising
- International Marketing
A Close Look At The Latest Research Trends Within The 3D Printing Materials Market
Posted: Sep 20, 2018
North America continues to lead the market share during 2018-2023.
North America holds the major market share of 3D Printing Materials, followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific. North America is the leading producer of 3DP materials globally, occupying almost 60% of the global market share. U.S. holds the majority of the market share followed by Canada in North America. 3D printing for consumer and personal purposes experienced a massive boom in North America, resulting in large consumption of consumer 3D printer materials, mostly plastics. Aerospace and defense industry has also seen an increase in 3D printing activity to print customized parts as compared to the last decade. North America registered the largest share of $461.5 million in 2017. Also, it is estimated to reach $2.09 billion at 29.2% CAGR by 2023.
In terms of growth rate, Asia-Pacific is projected to register highest growth rate of 30.8% CAGR throughout the forecast period, followed by Europe and North America. Europe is projected to register the second largest market share during the forecast period and expected to reach $1.28 billion by 2023 at 30.4 % CAGR.
Selected / Sample Analysis done in the full Report:
Manufacturing involves the transition of crude raw materials received in various forms such as filaments, powders, liquids and others, which are compatible with 3D printers. Plastics, which are usually cheap and can be procured in bulk, require a great deal of processing to make 3D printing compatible. They have to be made into filaments of either 1.75mm or 3mm where the tolerance level is really low. This adds to the cost of manufacturing. Titanium, which generally cost about $50 per kilo in normal cases, has to go through a smelting process before it can be used for additive manufacturing. The final product costs about $200-$300 per kilo. Therefore, the value of the product increases tenfold. All 3D printers have specific requirements for the type, strength and dimensions of their compatible materials, the manufacturing of which is a very important value-adding process in the value chain.
The major manufacturers include Stratasys Ltd., 3D Systems, Arcam and so on. The materials are then either directly shipped to the customers or is sold to service providers like i.materialise and Shapeways. 3D printing technology is new and its benefits are unheard of by all. Therefore, the marketing of these products also adds value to the product.
Excerpts on Market Growth Factors Mentioned in the Full Report:
- Increasing use of 3D printers and its materials in household applications is projected to escalate the market growth during the forecast period.
- The rising demand for 3D printing materials like various types of biomaterials in medical industry is expected to drive the demand and growth for 3D printing materials market in the future.
- Increasing investments in research and development of the 3D printing industry is also expected to drive the growth for the 3D printing materials market in the coming years.
To access / purchase the full report browse the link below:
Key Players of the 3D Printing Materials Market:
Stratasys Ltd. and 3D Systems are the two key market players in the 3DP materials industry. Stratasys deals extensively in thermoplastic and photopolymer materials including ABS and PLA among others. It supplies a wide range of very high quality materials and hence, is usually priced more than the average market price. The 3D systems Corp products are specifically suited to each of the three categories of printers it produces- personal, professional and production.
3D Printing Materials Market Report is Segmented as below.
3D Printing Materials Market By Type:
1.1. Polylactic Acid (Pla)
1.2. Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
1.3. Polyvinyl Alcohol (PVA)
2.2. Stainless Steel
3D Printing Materials Market By Class:
3D Printing Materials Market By Form:
3D Printing Materials Market By Application:
2. Aerospace & Defense
4. Medical & Dental
3D Printing Materials Market By Geography ( Covers 10+ Countries )
3D Printing Materials Market Entropy
Companies Citied / Interviewed
- ENVISIONTEC GMBH
- EXONE GMBH
- MATERIALISE N.V.
- VOXELJET AG
- EOS GMBH ELECTRO OPTICAL SYSTEMS
- HOGANAS AB
- OXFORD PERFORMANCE MATERIALS
- SCULPTEO, INC.
- TAULMAN 3D
- TETHON 3D
- Company 16+
What can you expect from the report?
The 3D Printing Materials Market Report is Prepared with the Main Agenda to Cover the following 20 points:
Market Size by Product Categories
Top 10 End user Analysis
Mergers & Acquisition Analysis
Demand Analysis ( By Revenue & Volume )
Country level Analysis (12+)
Market Shares Analysis
Value Chain Analysis
Supply Chain Analysis
Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
Revenue and Volume Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does IndustryARC publish country, or application based reports in 3D Printing Materials Market?
Response: Yes, we do have separate reports and database as mentioned below:
- Americas Market for 3D Printing Materials Market (2018-2023)
- APAC Market for 3D Printing Materials Market (2018-2023)
- Europe Market for 3D Printing Materials Market (2018-2023)
- Consumer Market for 3D Printing Materials Market (2018-2023)
- Professional Market for 3D Printing Materials Market (2018-2023)
- Industrial Market for 3D Printing Materials Market (2018-2023)
- Aerospace & Defense Type Market for 3D Printing Materials Market (2018-2023)
- Automotive Market for 3D Printing Materials Market (2018-2023)
- Medical & Dental Market for 3D Printing Materials Market (2018-2023)
- Health-care Market for 3D Printing Materials Market (2018-2023)
- Education Market for 3D Printing Materials Market (2018-2023)
Does IndustryARC provide customized reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Response: Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization
- Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
- Increase the number of countries in geography or product chapter.
- Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
- Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
- Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
Any other major customizations can be discussed with our team, we can provide a separate quote based on your requirements. You can drop in an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss more about our consulting services.
To request for a proposal provide your details in the below link:
Mr. Venkat Reddy
Email 1: email@example.com
Or Email 2: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Sales: +1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)
IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences &Healthcare.
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications in a Market. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business.
We look forward to support the client to be able to better address their customer needs, stay ahead in the market, become the top competitor and get real-time recommendations on business strategies and deals. Contact us to find out how we can help you today.
About IndustryArc: IndustryArc is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually in various industries