How To Choose The Right Transcription Service For Your Business
Posted: Oct 06, 2018
If you are an entrepreneur, you sure know the importance of time saved and resources preserved. So if you are preoccupied with the need to ensure your organization’s recorded materials are readable, searchable, and easily accessible to key stakeholders, outsourcing transcription services to a professional company is a smart choice.
Transcription is a specialized and expensive skill set and thus choosing a service provider can be a daunting task. There are a number of factors which should be taken into account when evaluating whether a company is suitable. Price alone should not be your governing criteria. While convenience is necessary, you also need to find a transcription company that has a reputation for speed, affordability, and accuracy.
- Less turnaround time – Timely delivery of transcripts and adherence to deadlines are the qualities that you must look for in any transcription company. You must confirm if they have enough transcribers especially if you are outsourcing a large project with a short turnaround time. If they don’t have enough experienced transcribers, you might end up receiving rushed transcripts completed by innumerable outsourced transcribers.
- Quality and accuracy – It’s imperative for you to make sure that the services being offered are in accordance with the industry standards for quality and accuracy. They must ensure a minimum of 99% accuracy which is essential for reliable transcripts. Check if they have highly experienced transcribers with excellent grammar and language skills.
- Confidentiality –The security of your data should be your supreme concern and thus, you must choose a company that guarantees to preserve the confidentiality of information contained within your audio files. They should be registered with the Data Protection Act and it is also worth asking for a non-disclosure or confidentiality agreement if needed.
- Experienced and qualified personnel – The best transcription service providers are those who use the best resources. The company should invariably use qualified and experienced transcribers with exceptional accuracy, grammar, and proofreading ability.
- Value for money – It is in your best interest to have a combined price structure for all the services offered. If you are choosing any add-on services, check if there are any hidden prices attached. However, don’t opt for the cheapest option as you may end up letting your money go down the drain. Focus on the quality and accuracy of the services being offered.
Choosing the right transcription service or flash captioning service may seem to be an uphill task. Your goal should be to find the one that offers what you need at an affordable price. Before you hire a service, spend some time in research and you will surely find what you need.
Author is an avid writer, he writes about the closed captioning services and transcription services providers available in the Usa.