Benefits and disadvantages of saffron!
Posted: Oct 15, 2018
Saffron is rare and the most expensive spice in the world. Saffron (Crocus Categories) is also called Golden Masala. It is due to its red-green color. Saffron was originally grown in the Middle East, but it is now also associated with Greek, Indian and Spanish dishes. To minimize fever, cramps and enlarged liver and to calm nerves, saffron has been used for a long time.
Benefits of Saffron
Saffron is known for its use in most food items. But there are very important nutrients and chemical compounds that provide many medical benefits, such as:
1. Immunity of the disease: In the saffron compounds are cochrines and cocktails, which increase learning, memory retention, ability to memorize. They are beneficial to avoid fever, flu and cold. Saffron protects the central nervous system from oxidative stress and prevents Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.
- It is the antidepressant drug: The substance present in the saffron gives blood flow to our brain and improves the mood.
- Fights Anemia: Iron in the saffron increases hemoglobin in the body.
- Digestion Properties: Saffron increases blood flow in the digestive tract.
- It is an aphrodisiac: Saffron helps in fixing ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, impotency before time, therefore helps in maintaining healthy sexual life.
- Helps during pregnancy: Saffron pelvic increases blood flow. It also helps in cramping, gas and swelling. It removes depression and anxiety.
- For insomnia: Saffron is a light sedative which is used to treat insomnia and depression.
- It prevents hair fall: If it is mixed with saffron, licorice and milk, then it helps in growing hair.
- Maintains the health of the heart: Antioxidants present in saffron help in reducing cholesterol and triglyceride. It removes plaque in the arteries and helps in preventing atherosclerosis.
- Improve vision: Saffron contains carotenoid which protects against aging diseases such as macular deeneration and cataracts.
- For gums: Massaging gums from saffron gums are strong.
- Protects against cancer: Crocin and Spanal in the head stop the development of tumors through anti-cancer and anti-metagenic properties in the body. Carotenoid present in saffron contains chemotherapy properties against chest, liver and ovarian cancer.
- Arthritis Fights: Saffron has properties to remove inflammation that provide relief from joint pain, relieve fatigue and reduce muscle swelling.
- It cures acne and obstacles: antifungal and antibacterial materials present in saffron helps to cure acne.
In this way it has some amazing effects on the human body, but the consumption of saffron is required to be monitored. When consumed in excessive amounts it can cause significant damage. Some very common side effects of saffron include the following:
1. Toxicity: Saffron is unsafe in large doses. It can cause toxicity. If you pay any attention to the following symptoms, then you should take immediate medical attention:
- Blood in the stool
- Frequent vomiting
- blood in urine
There can also be death due to excessive dose.
- Do not consume excess during pregnancy: Consumption of large amounts of saffron can make the uterine contract, and it can also cause abortion.
- Allergens: People may experience reactions such as dry mouth, anxiety, dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, changes in appetite, and headache. However this is very unusual.
Hey, I am Anmol Bhat. I am a health consultant and want to help people by spreading awareness to people.