Ten Best Orthopedic Hospitals In The United States
Posted: May 11, 2014
When shopping around for medical care, choosing the right hospital can be, quite literally, a hundred thousand dollar decision. Finding the hospital that is right for the issue that a patient has is a top priority for many individuals who are seeking medical care. With orthopedic issues, in particular, it is extremely important to many people that they get the best care possible in order to retain a good quality of life and to regain some of the lost function and mobility that their issue has caused.
Here are the ten best orthopedic hospitals in the United States:
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Los Angeles, California) – The highest ranked orthopedic hospital in California and the location which many celebrities and athletes choose for their surgeries.
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital (Chicago, Illinois) – It should come as no surprise that Northwestern Memorial Hospital makes the list of top orthopedic programs in the country.
- Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, Illinois) – Something of a sleeper on this list, Rush University Medical Center has a very good orthopedic program.
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania) – Nationally ranking in over ten adult specialties, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital is high ranking in orthopedics in particular.
- Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, Massachusetts) – Nationally ranked in sixteen adult specialties and six pediatric specialties, Massachusetts General Hospital provides orthopedic care and services to both adults and children. This is also the top ranked hospital in Massachusetts.
- Hospital for Joint Diseases (New York, New York) – Part of the New York University Langone Medical Center, the Hospital for Joint Diseases in New York is one of the top performing hospitals in the region. They have a number of advanced technologies for their services including computer-assisted transplant services and orthopedic surgery.
- Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore, Maryland) – One of the top hospitals in the country for any specialty, Johns Hopkins is also a great choice for orthopedic issues.
- Hospital for Special Surgery (New York, New York) – The Hospital for Special Surgery in New York has a stellar reputation among specialists in orthopedics. They have nearly 10,000 discharges from their orthopedics unit each year and have an extremely high success rate.
- Mayo Clinic (Rochester, Minnesota) – The Mayo Clinic has recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for high nursing standards, an intensive care unit on hand, and treatments centers for wound management, trauma, and arthritis.
- Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, Ohio) – The highest ranked hospital in Ohio, the Cleveland metro area, and also highly ranked nationally. There are over 1,200 beds available and the surgical facility has over 50,000 admissions a year.
Obviously this list is up for debate. If a hospital you are looking at it not on this list, that is most definitely not a reason not to choose to utilize their services. But shopping around is always a good idea and can make a huge difference in both care and monetary costs. It may also be a good idea to consult a primary physician when choosing a hospital.
To find out Orthopedics related information in Phoenix AZ, you should visit the following website:
I write on many diffrent topics. Follow me to read all great articles.