What to Expect from Your Acupuncture Therapy
Posted: Jan 11, 2019
Acupuncture is a form of natural therapy from China where it has been in use for thousands of years before making its way into other parts of the world. It is a form of traditional Chinese medicine that believes that the human body has energy called ‘qi’ that maintains its general health and overall wellbeing. Any imbalance in this energy causes illness, and hence acupuncture completely focuses on maintaining the balance of ‘qi’ with the help of the needles. Discussed below are some of the facts about best acupuncture in Houston.
How does it work?
In Chinese medicine, illness is not treated based on the symptoms of specific body parts but the body as a whole. Needles are punctured on the specific points on the skin which are called ‘meridian’. It is believed that ‘qi’ flows through these channels and the imbalance is corrected with the help of the needles. Though modern medicine also believes that the meridians which are also referred to as acupuncture points stimulate the specific nerves that send a signal to the brain to heal that part of the body. This is the reason why there is an increase in the number of people opting for acupuncture as a complementary and alternative therapy to conventional medicine.
Benefits of acupuncture therapy
- Best acupuncture in Houston can be used to treat common and complicated illness in the human body. It can treat most of the respiratory issues, muscular pain, blood pressure, viral and bacterial infections, migraine, stress, depression, anxiety, and even fertility.
- It does not have side effects and hence can be used simultaneously with other medications and treatments.
- It relieves stress, pain in the body and relaxes both mind and body that increases the quality of one’s life.
- It helps people to overcome addition of tobacco, drugs, and alcohol.
Things to know before beginning the acupuncture therapy
- One must be prepared for the longest appointment with the therapists because the best acupuncture in Houston means a number of questions being asked by the therapist to understand the cause of the imbalance of ‘qi’ in the body. The questions are about the eating and sleeping patterns, stress exposure, emotional and sexual orientation, general temperament, bowel movements, and the daily life routine.
- Tongue examination and impulse observation are additional factors to find out the cause of the ailment.
- Though the microneedles are used for the therapy, but the patients of sugar and those taking blood thinning medication must not undergo acupuncture.
- Needles must not be re-used either in the same or another person so always watch for the fresh needles being used by the therapists.
- It takes more than one visit for the complete therapy. First visit sometimes about the diagnosis and does not begin with the treatment.
TopAcu.com is a natural health clinic in Houston providing treatment for anti-aging, skin disorders, weight loss, infertility, migraine, emotional and mental disorders, etc. Galleria Oriental Medicine & Wellness Center is specializing in acupuncture, alternative medicine, and Chinese herbal medicine. To know more, visit https://www.topacu.com/about-us/.
I'm a freelance copywriter and I write on a variety of topics.