Quick Tips To Save Your Carpet From Water Damage
Posted: Jan 21, 2019
The most dangerous threat to carpet is water damage. Sometimes, flooding or breaking of pipes can cause devastation at home. Even a small amount of water leakage can be dangerous for the health of the carpet. You may have to call the Best Professional Carpet Cleaner London to restore that expensive investment. However, you need to take some quick action to save it from further damage before the arrival of the cleaning agency.
1. The most threatening result of water damage on the carpet is the growth of the mold. Wet rug produces the perfect atmosphere of humid, dark and warm to build the colony of mold and mildew. The first action to save the carpet should be fast enough to control the growth.
2. You have to remove the water as quickly as possible. Although the Best Professional Carpet Cleaner London uses upgraded machinery, your home vacuum cleaner will manage the initial damages.
3. You can use the fans to speed up the drying process of the carpets. Along with that, they also circulate the fresh air to eradicate the humidity from the room.
4. Dehumidifier is a great way to soak excess moisture of any place. You can hire it from the Best Professional Carpet Cleaner London to cool down the atmosphere which will control the growth of the mold eventually. It will also take care of the health of the floor and other damaged area. 5. The next step involves steam cleaning. This stage is necessary to sanitize and deodorize the portion. You can also consider to replace the padding of the carpet. It is a less expensive job than the replacing of the carpet of the entire room.
6. You need to sanitize the baseboard as well to prevent any further damage. For that reason, make a combination of 1.5 cups of chlorine bleach and 1 gallon of water and clean the surface with it. You can use soap water as the alternative.
7. If the carpet needs restoration, then you have to call for the help of Best Professional Carpet Cleaner London. The experienced and trained team of carpet cleaners can only restore a severely damaged carpet. They will analyze different areas like amount of damage, source of water and whether the water is contaminated or not, to suggest you the solution.
Things You Should Keep In Mind To Tackle Water Damage of The Carpet:
One just can't predict the chances of water damage as it may be accidental or due to natural calamities. Before taking the help of the Best Professional Carpet Cleaner London, there are certain measures you can take to prevent the effect of damage.
1. Always keep stock of baking soda at home to deal with the situation as it helps to remove the odors. 2. It is always better to have insurance the insurance policy for the home which covers the carpet as well.
3. When the carpet is wet, restrict the traffic on it.
4. Take prior preparation to find out any potential water leakage.
5. If you find the wet carpet after arriving at the home, then remove it immediately.
Carpet is an expensive investment for the home which uplift the look of the place. The above-stated guidelines may help you to save it from severe damages.