What is the Process of FSSAI Registration?
Posted: Feb 01, 2019
Before we discuss FSSAI registration, first of all, we have to know what FSSAI is.
FSSAI stands for Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is an autonomous body established under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. Food Safety and Standards Authority of India is a consolidating statute which regulates food safety in India.
In this blog, we will decide the process of FSSAI registration, documents required for FSSAI registration and all other necessary aspects of FSSAI Registration. Let's explore the idea and knowledge of FSSAI registration.
What is FSSAI Registration?
FSSAI registration is treated as food and safety certificate. Each food business must obtain an FSSAI registration to operate the business. FSSAI registration is required for petty food business operators who manufacture or sell any food articles. FSSAI registration is issued by FSSAI. FSSAI registration is necessary for carrying on activities related to any stage of manufacturing, processing, packaging, storage, transportation, distribution of food etc.
Why FSSAI Registration is required?
It is compulsory for every Food Business Operator (FBO) involved in the manufacturing, processing, storage, distribution, and sale of food products to obtain FSSAI registration. The main purpose of FSSAI registration is to create more accountability on part of FBO and aims to maintain a good quality of the food products. Obtaining FSSAI registration is mandatory because in no circumstances FBO can take a chance with the health of consumers. If you are taking FSSAI registration then you are protected from many false accusations with regard to health and food safety issues.
Who are exempted from obtaining FSSAI registration?
Hawkers and people related to the cottage industry are exempted from obtaining FSSAI registration. Petty retailers, temporary stall holders, and itinerant vendors are also exempted from obtaining FSSAI registration.
Categories of FSSAI Registration
There are three categories of FSSAI registration which are given below:
1. Basic Registration
2. State Registration
3. Central Registration
1. FSSAI Basic Registration - FSSAI Basic Registration is required by the small businesses which have a turnover less than 12 lakh rupees in a year. So if anyone just starting his business then it’s required only the basic FSSAI or Food License Registration.
2. FSSAI State License Registration - If anyone has already obtained the FSSAI Basic Registration and cross the turnover of the 12 lakh rupees in a year but less than 20 Cr. rupees then its require the FSSAI State License Registration.
3. FSSAI Central License Registration - If anyone is starting an import-export business or wants to supply at the various government department then that person requires obtaining FSSAI Central License Registration.
FSSAI Registration Form
FSSAI Registration contains 2 types of forms. One is Form A and another one is From B.
For basic FSSAI registration, one has to fulfill Form A
Under Form, A turnover limit is below 12 lakh in a year
For State, FSSAI License Registration Form B requires to be fulfilled
Under Form B the turnover limit is above than 12 lakh and less than 20 crore
For Central, FSSAI License Registration Form B has to be fulfilled
If turnover exceeds Rs 20 crore then Form B has to be filled up
Benefits of FSSAI Registration
If you are taking FSSAI Registration, then you are entitled to avail certain benefits and list of benefits of FSSAI Registration is given below:
- FSSAI Registration increases customer confidence in terms of safety
- FSSAI Registration helps in removal of multiple legal regulations
- FSSAI Registration helps to promote innovative products
- Consumer Awareness
- Legal Advantage
- FSSAI Registration helps in a matter of using FSSAI logo
- FSSAI Registration also helps in respect of business expansion
What are the Steps for FSSAI Registration?
Anyone who seeks to obtain FSSAI Registration can apply online and there is a number of steps prescribed for online FSSAI Registration. The Steps required for online registration are given below:
- Visit of websites - For online FSSAI Registration one has to go to the FSSAI site.
- Application form - In the Second stage, the applicant has to fill up application form along with contact details and after filing up the sign-up form, a person has to click on the register button.
- Identification of category - Identification of category as stated above in this blog is one of the steps for online FSSAI registration. One has to fill the FSSAI application form. Details of business are necessary to determine the category of business.
- Submission of documents - By email Applicant needs to send necessary documents and after submission of documents and the same requires to be verified.
- Generating inspection details - Any person needs to follow-up with the government department for an update on an application filed for obtaining FSSAI Registration. The government may send back an application for edits. In case of failure to respond with 15 days of the application, the application will be rejected.
- Registration certificate - Application for FSSAI registration can be accepted or rejected by Department within 7 days from the date of filing application and same has to be intimated to the applicant in writing. After proper verification of application, if Authority satisfies then he/she will issue a 14 digit FSSAI registration and same will convey to you.
Documents required for FSSAI Registration
For FSSAI registration certain documents have to be submitted and list of the documents is given below:
- Personal information of the FSSAI Applicant
- Copy of PAN card is mandatory identity proof
- Copy of Aadhaar Card/ Voter identity card/ Driving License/Passport
- The latest Utility Bill( Electricity / Water Bill)
- Copy of Rent Agreement( if Rented property)
- Copy of property paper (if owned property)
- Photo identity of promoters of the food business
- List of food products
If you are dealing with food products then it is mandatory under laws to take registration of your business under FSSAI. As a food business operator, you have to maintain hygiene standards. By taking FSSAI registration, you are protected from many false accusations with regard to health and food safety issues.
If you are planning for FSSAI registration, then contact Enterslice to get best and affordable service in a matter of FSSAI registration.