Buy the pedestal fan and say goodbye to summers!
Posted: Feb 14, 2019
The pedestal fans have emerged as one of the most sought-after fans among users. They are electrically powered home appliances that are used for improving personal comfort, providing drafts, controlling climate and adding ventilation. Choosing the best pedestal fan can make your life a lot easier in summers. These are axial fans because they use blades that force air to move parallel to the shaft about which it rotates. Some of the basic elements of the pedestal fan include the lead wires and armature, fan base, oscillator shift, blade guard, oscillator gearbox, motor housing, and blades. Buying fans online let you compare features and price so that you can make the best buying decision.
Benefits of buying a pedestal fan
- Easy to operate – Portable fans do not require any kind of mounting or installation. All you have to do is just plug in the fan, turn it on, and enjoy the cooling comfort.
- They are affordable to purchase and cost just a few pennies a day to operate. thus, they are just the perfect way to stay cool in summers and add ventilation without having to spend a lot of money.
- They are portable. As mentioned above, such fans need no permanent mounting or installation, you can easily move them from one place to the other with the utmost ease.
- They help in maximizing the effectiveness of an air conditioner by distributing and mixing air evenly.
- They are multifunctional. As they provide added ventilation, you can enjoy the cooling effect all the more.
- Uses just a fraction of the power of air conditioners
If you are planning to buy pedestal fans online then you should know about the factors mentioned below.
Fans, just like any other home appliance, collect dust after a few months of usage. This is exactly where easily removable grill can come to your rescue. Unfortunately, some fans have to be disassembled and unscrewed to access the fan blades. Others might not be designed to be unscrewed and opened at all. For safety, make sure you unplug the fan before cleaning it.
It is the circular area that is covered by the blades of the fan while in the rotation. The diameter of the blade sweep is measured by taking the distance from one edge of the blade to the opposite edge of the other blade. Usually, the sweep is either 400mm or 450mm.
Plastic fans look cheap but can be more practical. They do not rust. Fans made of stainless steel would still rust. As a matter of fact, even brass fans can oxide and need polishing. Metal fans are sturdy and tougher and can stand up to being knocked over whereas plastic fans can crack.
Rotating Grill, Oscillating or Fixed
Most of the fans have oscillation as 90 degrees, a pedestal fan is stationary while the grill rotates. Oscillating fans can be used with the oscillation switched off, leaving this feature as a ‘just in case’ for some occasions. These fans allow vertical tilting and vary between 20 degrees and 30 degrees.
With the kind of cooling effect that you enjoy with these fans, it might surprise you buy they work quietly. However, some people do enjoy the white noise emitted by some fans.
Fan Speed and Height
The fan speed is specified in Rotations Per Minute that is RPM. The fans come with speed regulator so that you can control its speed. Using the pedestal fans means you can adjust its height as per your requirement.If you are looking for a feature-loaded pedestal fan, all you need to do is just buy the one from Havells, India’s leading manufacturer of electrical home appliances and equipment. Buy fans online from Havells and bid goodbye to summers.
I am a student and a part time content writer. I like reading and writing blogs and articles. You may check my blog here Appliance Planet