How to Activate YouTube on Apple TV
Posted: Apr 25, 2019
There’s no doubt that YouTube is an amazing platform that offers a wide range of shows. You can find pretty much anything on YouTube ranging from action and entertainment to family-friendly educational content.
But all of these shows are even better when they are on the big screen like your big 34 inch LED TV. Watching a YouTube show on your gigantic TV screen definitely makes the experience much better when compared to a computer or laptop screen.
With the latest Smart TVs coming in the market, you can easily connect your YouTube to your Smart TV within a few minutes. Even if you don’t have a Smart TV, you can use devices like Roku, Kodi, Xbox One, PS3 and many more to use your regular TV to watch YouTube. However, these devices require you to sign in and activate your YouTube before you can watch your favorites shows on the TV.
The process of activating your YouTube on the devices isn’t complicated at all. But since there are many different devices that you can use, the way you activate YouTube varies from device to device.
So here is a list of the mostly used streaming devices and the steps to activate YouTube on these devices.Activating YouTube on Roku
Activating YouTube on Roku devices is pretty easy and only takes a few minutes to setup. Once your YouTube is activated, you can easily watch YouTube videos on your very own TV screen. You will basically sign in to your account from youtube.com/activate and enter a digit that Roku gave you to connect YouTube.
Follow the steps given below to activate YouTube on Roku devices
- Connect your Roku to your TV and sign in to your Roku account. Make sure you are connected to your Wi-Fi as well.
- Go to your Home Screen (if you aren’t already) by pressing the Home button from your remote
- Select the option Channel Store and press Ok from your remote
- Go to Top Free option and select YouTube then press Ok from your remote
- You will see an option of Add Channel. Select this option and press Ok from your remote
- Wait for a while and it will be added to your channels. If you want to check, just press the Home button and go to My Channels. The YouTube channel should be in your channel’s list.
- Select and open the YouTube channel
- Select the Gear icon on the left side of YouTube channel
- Select Sign in and enter your Google/YouTube account information (If it asks)
- Roku will give you an 8-digit code. Write it down somewhere or keep this screen open
- Now go to com/activate from your laptop or phone.
- Enter your Google account information and sign in
- Enter the 8 digit code that Roku gave you and proceed.
- Click Allow access if you see the option.
Now your YouTube is activated on your Roku device with the youtube.com/activate Roku link. Now, you can easily watch anything from YouTube without any problem.
You can read more about activating other device using YouTube com Activate