The Need for Progressive Web App
Posted: Apr 30, 2019
Did you know the internet users spend 70% of their time on the mobile internet? An average smartphone user spends 4.5 hours on mobiles every day. In these 4.5 hours, users spend 3.5 hours on mobile applications. The research report how much value mobile apps get from users.
Progressive web apps are shaking the world of mobile app development positively and are equipped with the latest technology, new Web APIs, and a brand new concept.
What are Progressive Web Apps?
Progressive web apps are websites that feel like apps you would find in an App Store. You can access these mobile apps through a conventional URL with HTTPS which makes them search friendly. They provide the best-optimized experience for any device with their fantastic features including,
- Push notifications
- Instant loading of websites and more.
Progressive mobile app development in Seattle combines the advantage of both the mobile app and the web to deliver more advanced user experience. If you have a business presence online, you must turn to progressive web apps to meet the expectations of sophisticated users.
Advanced Features of Progressive Web App
- Instant access from home screen
- Geo-location standard
- Push notifications
- Capable of delivering content offline
- Fast and responsive
- Mailing List
- Tip Calculator
- Direction View
- Stable and secure
- Search engine optimized
- Work beautifully across major platforms
- Accessible via all modern browsers
- Enable rapid adoption of tech advances
Benefits of Progressive Web App over Native Applications
Following are the benefits of progressive web app over native applications listed by a leading digital marketing company in Seattle.
- Progressive: Works on any device and enhances progressively taking advantage of any features available on the user’s device and browser.
- Discoverable: Progressive web app is a website and discoverable in search engines.
- Linkable: The URL used in the progressive web app will enable the web app to retain and reload its state when the user bookmarks or shares the app’s URL.
- Responsive: The user interface of the progressive web app fits the form factor and size of the device used.
- Connectivity: Works in areas of low connectivity or offline.
- Easy to Install: It can be installed in the device’s home screen making it readily available.
- Fresh: The new content published is made available in the app immediately.
- Safe to Use: All network requests are intercepted through service workers, and the app is hosted over HTTPS to prevent man-in-the-middle attacks.
Contact your web development company in Seattle now to get a progressive mobile app for your business.
The author of this article is a web developer in a leading digital marketing company in Seattle and has over a decade of experience in the industry. In this article, he lists the benefits of progressive web app over native apps. Visit https://digitalmarketingaccess.com/ for more information.
Digital Marketing Access is a full service digital marketing agency that creates powerful brand stories.