A Brief about the Process of Divorce in Singapore
Posted: May 12, 2019
DIVORCE- The word itself is a stressful one and when actually it happens in our life the complexity of the process makes us feel puzzled and devastated in life. When the decision of getting separated taken by you then same needs to be executed by following the legal norms of the divorce process. In order to get a fair verdict for you in the divorce case all that is important for you is to know about the process in detail. Here it is important for you to get in touch with a Singapore Divorce Lawyer associated with one of the top notch law firms of the industry having several years of experience in the industry. While discussing you case with the lawyer you will get to know about Divorce process and procedures, Divorce law and also about the associated fees in this process. The divorce which can be both contested or an uncontested one can be dissolved on in the below mentioned cases by the court.
- Either of the husband or wife entered into an adultery activity which makes it difficult for the spouse to stay together any more
- Either of the husband or wife’s behavior crossed the reasonable boundaries of tolerance making it difficult to continue staying together
- Either of the husband or wife abandoned the partner and there is loss of contact between the two for at least 2 years time
- If either of the husband or wife agreed for taking divorce from each other and remain separated from each other for a period of minimum 3 years time
- If either of the husband or wife dose not gave the consent of divorce then both need to stay separated for a period of minimum 4 years to get the divorce from court.
Upon discussing with the lawyer you will get to know about the above mentioned points more in detail. If you have interest in law then you can check the 95(3) section of women charter. Divorce petition can be filed either by any of the spouse or can even be filed by the lawyer appointed by them in court. In Mutual divorce the process remains simple and so are the associated fees for the same. But when the divorce turn out to be a contested one then the duration also increase and also the level of arguments going in the court. The biggest fight that goes in the court room is on the terms of alimony and child custody if there is a child born out of this marriage. Sometimes there may be need of a Probate Lawyer in the divorce case where the mother or father need to make a will to mention that which property or assets will go to whom in case of his demise after the divorce. Mostly the will is done for the future security of the child whose life gets affected after the divorce. Search for the best law firms of the industry and hire your lawyer from there for your divorce case presentation.
Author Akhilesh Singh is a expert writer, he is interested in writing content for different topics such as law, lawyer, finance, health, web designing and development, seo, smo and ppc.