Why should you opt for Irritable Bowel Treatment in NY?
Posted: May 25, 2019
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is considered to be a common disorder that can affect the large intestine. The symptoms or signs include abdominal pain, cramping, gas, bloating, constipation, or diarrhea or both. This is a chronic condition which one will need to manage long term. There are only minimal people with IBS who have severe symptoms and signs.There are some people who can control their symptoms by just managing their diet, stress, and lifestyle. If there are many severe symptoms, then those can be treated with counseling and medication. The IBS will nowhere cause changes in bowel tissue or increase the risk of colorectal cancer.
The symptoms and signs of IBS will vary from person to person, but the most common ones include:
- Cramping, abdominal pain, or bloating which is typically relieved or partially by passing down a bowel movement
- Mucus in the stool
- Excess gas
- Constipation or diarrhea where there is sometimes an alternating bout of constipation and diarrhea.
The people with IBS experience times when the symptoms and signs are worse, but they also experience times when the symptoms improve or disappear completely.
Patients with IBS should consult a doctor when there is a persistent change in bowel habits or other symptoms and signs of the IBS. This might indicate that there is a much more serious condition like colon cancer were more serious symptoms and signs include:
- Diarrhoea at night
- Weight loss
- Iron deficiency i.e. anaemia
- Rectal bleeding
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Unexplained swallowing
- A constant pain that is not relieved by bowel movement or passing gas
What cause has led to IBS?
There is no precise cause of IBS known, but the factors that might play a role include:
- Inflammation in the intestines
- Muscle contractions in the intestines
- Severe infection
- Changes of bacteria in the gut
- Abnormalities in the nerves in the digestive system
The prevention of IBS includes:
- Progressive relaxation exercises: These exercises can help one relax the muscles in the body one after another.
- Counselling: Through a counsellor, one can change his/her response to stress where psychotherapy can provide a long-lasting reduction of symptoms
- Mindfulness Training: This is also another stress-reduction training that can help one focus on being in the moment and letting go of the distractions and worries.
Triborough GI Gastroenterology provides one of the best Irritable Bowel Treatment in NY where they also provide proper treatment and care for Liver Disease Treatment in Brooklyn and Endoscopy in Brooklyn NY
The doctors, Dr Grosman, Dr Brown, Dr Prateek Chapalamadugu and Dr Nancy Chen are proficient in Gastroenterology where they provide proper assessment and care in Liver Disease Treatment in Brooklyn and Endoscopy in Brooklyn NY
They also offer other services, i.e. treatments in abdominal pain, hepatitis C, colon cancer, acid reflux, Crohn’s disease, gallbladder problem and haemorrhoids. Book an appointment now by phone at 718-332-0600, and to know more about us, please click GERD Doctor Specialist.
Dr. Grosman has completed his residency internal medicine and fellowship in Gastroenterology and Hepatology at North Shore University Hospital/Long Island Jewish Hospital.