Plants that can help you tackle the sweltering summer heat
Posted: Jun 15, 2019
The summers are upon us and so is the tropical sun. The Indian subcontinent gets showered with blistering sunshine over the months of June, July, and August. The newspapers are filled with reports of people succumbing to heatwaves, flu, and dehydration. Not much can be done to turn down the temperatures but the heat can be made more bearable by introducing greenery in our living spaces. The fact that plants can wick away moisture and make the air cleaner and purer is commonly known. Yet people fail to utilize the benefits some plants can offer in terms of health. The most common excuse is that plants require great care and attention to detail. While this statement can’t be generally refuted, there are some plants that are easy to grow, hardy, and perfect for the summers. Moreover, these plants make for great indoor décor and design.
So, try your green thumb out by planting these selected plants in your homes.
ALOE VERAALOE VERA
This plant is a ubiquitous selection across all households that prefer indoor plants. The Aloe Vera is well documented in Indian Ayurvedic texts as well as other medical texts for their medicinal properties. It comes under the succulent category and requires barely any care. It is a suitable choice for places with a lot of sun and water scarcity. It provides the following health benefits:
- The plant sap can be used to make dull hair shinier, bouncy, and moisturized.
- The gel inside can be applied topically to rashes, burns, and inflammation.
- Aloe juice can clear out the digestive tract and ease constipation.
HOLY BASIL OR TULSI
The queen of herbs is more than just a plant. It is a common fixture among all Indian households since it is revered greatly among Hindus. But its benefits do not end here. It also provides many medicinal benefits that make it a very important indoor plant.
- Tulsi teas and hot brews can cure a cold and cough that occurs due to the summer heat.
- Crushed leaves can reduce the sting of insect bites. Insects such as mosquitoes and ants start tenting up in homes once the summer rains arrive.
- It is a certified detoxifying agent that can cleanse all bodily tracts.
One of the most popular Ayurvedic antidotes to fever, this plant can be grown indoors with ease. It has proven anti-inflammatory, anti-pyretic, anti-oxidant, anti-cancer, and immunomodulatory properties.
- It increases the platelet count in our blood. Hence, helps cure chronic fever related to dengue, chikungunya, and swine flu.
- It can also be used to treat cough and cold that one contracts during summers.
- A powerful anti-oxidant, this plant eliminates all free radicals from the body.
These are just three examples of many plants out there that can be nurtured indoors without a lot of care. Not only will they spruce up your interior design but will also keep diseases at bay.
You can order such plants using Top online flower delivery Services in Jaipur.
GiftzBag.com is one of a most famous brand name for sending the gift at home for any occasion like that birthday, marriage, engagement, etc. This Gifting company deliver the gift all over the world with best price.