Top Questions to Ask Any Trademark Attorney before Hiring Him
Posted: Jun 16, 2019
You would want to make sure that you are hiring the best trademark patent agent lawyer for your needs and that means you want to ask them some questions. Not only should you ask them how much they are going to charge you for the entire process, but also how much experience they have had. These questions are all important, so make sure that you are asking them to any of the trademark lawyer you are considering hiring before making any final decisions.
Top Questions to Ask
These days you would want to make sure that your trademark registration is done by the experts so that nothing goes wrong. There are plenty of questions that you should be asking any attorney that you are thinking of hiring, such as:
- What is the duration that they are employed in this industry?
- How long have they worked for their current firm? Where did they work before this time?
- How many cases as a trademark patent agent lawyer have they lost?
- What kind of fees are involved? What are the charges for going to court and for filing the application?
- How will they communicate with you? How long can you expect to wait for a reply to any query you have?
- What other experience and areas of expertise are available in their firm?
- What is the size of their firm?
- What is the current case load that they are handling?
- Who have they worked with before? Can you get recommendations from their earlier clients?
- What is their track record for getting approval?
- How long do they think the process will take and does it have merit?
- How will they make sure that any deadlines are being followed?
- Who are the other members of the team that will be working on the application?
- Can they give you other legal advice? Can they fight any infringement violations on your behalf?
- How long will they actually spend on the application and will they review all of the documents before submission?
These are just a few of the questions that you should be asking any attorney before you sign anything with them. Go ahead and start asking them what you need to know so that you can be assured that you are going to get the right trademark lawyer for your needs.
Making sure that you are getting your trademark registration done is important, which is why most people think about hiring an attorney to deal with it. You should make sure that you know what questions you should be asking them, including about their experience in this area as well as their work experience. Also, ensure that you are asking them about the fees that they are going to be charging you and what that includes. You would also want to ask them about their current load in terms of cases so you can be sure that they have the time for yours and much more.
For further information on top questions to ask any trademark attorney before hiring him in Toronto, North York, Etobicoke, Scarborough, Markham, Vaughan, Mississauga, and Brampton, Ontario, Canada, please contact Ontario Trademark Lawyers by phone at 416-783-8378 or email at Info@OntarioTrademarkLawyers.com.
Victor Opara. Victor Nnamdi Opara, Opara Law PC.
We have significant expertise in all aspects of copyright law, from the clearance, acquisition and registration of copyright to sophisticated customs and anti-counterfeiting enforcement across Canada.