Zammex Nutrition’s Patented TendoGuard Makes Multi Collagen the Ultimate Joint Formula
Posted: Jul 16, 2019
Zammex Nutrition’s Ultimate Guide to Collagen will tell you everything you need to know about collagen supplementation. What it, and most other media on collagen, won’t explain is the various types of collagen. If you’ve been shopping a collagen supplement because you’ve read about the wonderful benefits it has to offer you’ve probably encountered Multi Collagen Protein or Multi Collagen protein Powder. Now you’re looking at your computer screen and you seen Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides and Multi Collagen Protein – umm what next?
Let’s start with the basics as to why a product like Multi Collagen Protein exists and what’s the difference between that and Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides. The standard Zammex black jar of Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides contains Type I and Type III collagen. The Multi Collagen purple jar contains Type I, Type II, Type III, Type V and Type X collagen. Your immediate reaction is "I should buy the Multi Collagen Protein, it has more types of collagen!" Hold that thought…
The various types of collagen have different applications in the body and equally important come from different sources in some cases –
- Type 1 Collagen – The most abundant type of collagen in the human body. Type I helps with skin elasticity and hydration. It helps rebuild muscle, tendon, eyes and bone, but also is quite helpful in hair and nails growth and strengthening. The source of Type I Collagen is bovine and marine.
- Type 2 Collagen – This type of collagen is mostly in cartilage and connective tissue. It makes up 50% of all cartilage and is extremely valuable in restoring connective tissue/tendons. The source of Type II Collagen in our product is chicken cartilage.
- Type 3 Collagen – Type 3 is unique in that it contains only one collagen? chain unlike the other types. It’s special because it supports gut health and intestinal lining. It also is present in muscles and other parts of the body. Type 3 Collagen goes even further by solidifying the benefits for hair, skin and nails Type I offers. The source of our Type 3 is bovine and marine.
- Type 5 Collagen – For the purpose of learning, we’ll call Type 5 collagen a proper sidekick to the major types of collagen above. It aids in the fibrillation – helps form fibers – with Type I and III collagen. This is why it’s so important for joint and tendon repair and helps clinical show improvement in range of motion, flexibility and pain associated with tendons and joints. The source of Type 5 collagen is avian sternum and egg shell membrane.
- Type 10 Collagen – If Type 5 Collagen is reinforcing the health of connective tissue and cartilage, Type X is taking it a step further. The addition of this collagen clinically shows healing of joints and bone reinforcement. Type 5 collagen is avian sternum and egg shell membrane.
From the above it’s pretty plain to see that if you suffer from joint, tendon, osteoarthritis or any other aches and pains often associated with getting old – a proper Multi Collagen Protein or Multi Collagen Powder like Zammex Nutrition’s is the way to go.
We hope that helps clarify the roles of the various types of Collagen you can take as a dietary supplement! If you have any more questions feel free to read our blogs or reach out!
Zammex Nutrition is dedicated to providing our customers with pure ingredients. Our raw materials are sourced direct from the earth’s natural resources and have been proven to enhance health, wellness and overall beauty.