How to fix a Dell Inspiron laptop
Posted: Jul 23, 2019
Addressed in this post is a common issue transpiring on Dell's support phone number Inspiron laptops that won’t boot to Windows OS or gets stuck on a black screen during startup. Read on to find out how to deal with the Dell support phone number problem if ever you will encounter this in the future.
There are two possibilities that you have to consider when you’re into a situation wherein all you see on your Dell's support phone number Inspiron laptop display is just a black screen during startup. Either your laptop just won’t power on or it’s turning on but could boot into Windows. Be sure to distinguish which between these two is the actual problem you’re facing so that you’d be able to obtain a quick ultimate solution. If Dell's support phone number problem you’re dealing with is a power issue like when your laptop won’t turn on, then you’ll need to consider a lot of factors including software malfunctions and hardware damage.On the other hand, if your Dell's support phone number laptop computer won’t boot to Windows, it’s more likely a software issue. In the latter case, the computer can power on but something is preventing it from loading the operating system. And that "something" is what you’ll need to determine beforehand to make your Dell support phone number laptop works as intended.Now, before we proceed, if you found this post while finding a solution to a different problem, then visit our Dell support phone number Inspiron troubleshooting page for we have already addressed some of the most common issues with this machine. If you can’t find something useful, then fill up our computer issues questionnaire and hit submit to contact us.What’s preventing your Dell Inspiron from booting into Windows?
Stuck problems in Dell helpline phone number computers are usually due to a bad program or software glitch. Security suites like antivirus and firewall can be the main culprit. You can rule this out by disabling them temporarily and then see how your Dell helpline phone number computer does without any security software enabled. Will it be able to boot into Windows as intended? If it successfully boots up, then you’ll need to deal with your security settings or make necessary configurations on your antivirus or firewall settings. If you have no idea of what exactly has to be done, then you better contact the software developer or Dell helpline phone number for more help.Aside from security programs that are causing conflict, other factors that can inflict similar issues on your Dell helpline phone number Inspiron laptop would include but not limited to corrupted drivers or system errors that are causing Windows to crash and get stuck. A piece of hardware may be interfering with the normal boot process of Windows. That said, be sure to take them off from your Dell helpline phone number laptop then try to power on again. Peripheral devices like an external mouse, keyboard, flash drive, memory card, and other laptop accessories attached can also trigger the same problem to occur during startup. Back in the days, stuck problems on computers during bootup were usually resolved by removing the floppy disk or CD from the disk drive. And so these days, the same problem might be due to your SD card inserted in your Dell helpline phone number laptop’s card slot. Broken segments from any of these peripheral external devices could somehow intervene with the system’s normal routine.Troubleshooting Dell Inspiron laptop that gets stuck on a black screen during bootup
Before jumping to a conclusion that your Dell support number laptop might have acquired hardware damage, you can resort to some workarounds and generic solutions and attempt to resolve the underlying cause. To get started, try to think of what has happened before the problem started. For example, did your Dell support number laptop gets stuck on a black screen after installing an update to a certain app or Windows? Doing so will help you determine the root cause and start working on the fix. If you see any error before your Dell support number laptop gets stuck, take note of the error message as it usually tells you of what went wrong and what needs to be done to make things right again. Otherwise, you can go ahead and refer to the given solutions below.First solution: Forced restart or hard reset.In computers, a hard reset does not denote a full system reset or factory reset. Instead, it literally means restarting your Dell support number laptop the hard way or forced restart in short. Given that you couldn’t restart your Dell support number computer the usual way as it gets stuck, here’s what you can do as an alternative solution:
- Power off your computer by pressing the Power button for about 10 to 20 seconds or until the Power light goes off.
- With your laptop turned off, remove or disconnect the AC adapter or power cord from the power source. Alternatively, if your Dell helpline numberInspiron laptop is one of those models with removable batteries, removing the battery can likewise offer the same positive results.
- Disconnect all external devices or peripherals such as printer cables, media cards or USB drives.
- If you’ve removed the battery, reinstall or place it back in.
- Then press and hold the Power button for about 15-20 seconds.
- Plug the power cord or AC adapter back into the power source.
- Press the Power button to turn it back on.
Second solution: Boot into safe mode.Safe mode allows your Dell helpline number computer to load Windows without activating all drivers and applications. This can help if you are dealing with a system-critical problem that interferes with the normal Windows operation on your Dell helpline number computer.While in safe mode, you can troubleshoot Windows and try to identify the culprit that triggers the operating system to fail. Here’s how to boot into Safe Mode on your Dell helpline number Inspiron laptop using Windows platform:
- Turn on your laptop by pressing the Power button.
- Hold down the Shift key repeatedly and quickly tap the F8 key during the booting process. Doing so will route you to the Recovery Mode menu before the Windows OS starts to load.
- If you couldn’t get it on your first attempt, then try again. It may take several attempts before it works so just be patient.
- While in the Recovery Mode menu, select See advanced repair options.
- Select the Troubleshoot option.
- Then select the Advanced options button.
- Click the Windows Startup Settings button.
- Click the Restart button.
- After the computer restarts, you will be prompted by the Advanced Boot Options menu. It enables you to boot your Windows in safe mode, safe mode with networking and safe mode with command prompt.
- Click to select your preferred safe mode option.
- To do so, click on the Start menu-> Control Panel-> Programs-> Programs and Features-> then select the program you want to remove or repair.
- Select the option to Repair (if available). Otherwise, click Change.
Fifth solution: Update or Reset BIOS to defaults.Another possible reason as to why your laptop may not be able to boot in Windows is because it might have previously set to attempt to boot Dell customer service number to another device. To correct this, you will need to reset BIOS to factory defaults. Here’s how it’s done:
- Restart your laptop.
- When you see the Dell customer service number logo, click the F12 key repeatedly until you see the Entering Setup label on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click the option to reset the default settings. You may need to press a key listed at the bottom of the screen to load the default settings.
- You can also update BIOS to the latest version if resetting the BIOS to factory defaults won’t fix the problem.
- Press ESC to exit the BIOS screen and be sure to select the Save and Exit option. Doing so will save your recent changes.
FOR MORE INFO: http://bit.ly/2GfXXUy
CALL US: +1-800-201-4179
TAGS: Dell Support,Dell Helpline,Dell Customer Service, Dell Customer Support, Dell Tech Support, Dell Technical Support, Dell Phone Number,Dell Support Number,Dell Helpline Number,Dell Customer Service Number, Dell Customer Support Number, Dell Tech Support Number, Dell Technical Support Number, Dell Support Phone Number, Dell Helpline Phone Number, Dell Customer Service Phone Number, Dell Customer Support Phone Number, Dell Tech Support Phone Number, Dell Technical Support Phone Number
We provide technical support services please contact on this number +1-800-201-4179