What is Fleet Insurance?
Posted: Jul 28, 2019
Being a business owner, you have a lot to worry about, and a mountain of different tasks you have to juggle. Your insurance should not be one of them. So Fleet Insurance Brokers Stockport UK has been designed to take the hassle out of insuring your business vehicles. One policy makes the administration and payment of several vehicles a lot easier.
A business can have a variety of different types of vehicles from cars to vans, to HGVS. You can add a mixture of these onto your fleet policy. Your broker will discuss this with you when going through a presentation.
In short, a fleet policy covers multiple vehicles under one policy making it easier and cheaper to insure your business vehicles. Just think of your private car policy, but instead of one vehicle, it insures several.
Who & What Does a Fleet Policy Cover?
A fleet policy is very simple in what it will cover, what is not so simple is the type of fleet policy you may need, there are several out there:
- Private or public hire fleet insurance – If you are a taxi driver and have more than one taxi this is the type of fleet policy you will be looking at.
- Haulage Fleet Insurance Stockport UK – If you have a fleet of HGV’s or trucks this is the type of policy you will be looking at.
- Courier fleet insurance – If you delivery parcels for a living and use more than one van then a courier fleet policy could be just what you need.
- Standard fleet insurance – If you are any other trade outside the above and the motor trade industry then a standard fleet policy is what you will need. You can have any occupation from builder to a civil engineer.
- Mini fleet insurance – This is typically for smaller fleets of vehicles, usually 2 or more with a maximum amount of vehicles that can be added, but this varies from insurance company to insurance company.
A discussion with your broker will be able to help you to establish what type of fleet policy you will need for your type of business.
It is worth noting, a fleet policy will only cover your vehicles, and it doesn’t cover goods or tools within your vehicle. A separate carriage of goods policy would need to be taken out if you are looking at covering tools or items within the vehicles. There are lots of other add-on’s available on request such as breakdown recovery.
As previously mentioned a fleet policy will cover most occupations, the only industry which cannot be covered by a fleet policy is the motor trade. This is because there is already a separate insurance policy available to them, this is called a motor traders policy.
A fleet policy is vehicle rated, so the more vehicles you add onto your policy the more expensive it will become. A great option of cover available on a fleet policy is the any driver selections, this can range from any driver over the age of 21 right up to any driver over the age of 30. This makes operating your business a lot easier.
We supply the best motor trade car insurance policies from an extensive panel of insurance companies and at cheapest rates. For cheapest motor trade insurance Stockport UK, Call us at 01616413229