How to Pick the Best Turmeric Supplement?
Posted: Jul 29, 2019
There are some supplements that are new to the market that require us, as consumers, to perform the proper due diligence before purchasing. There are also some supplements that have been around for, let’s say, 4,000 or so years. Any product or ingredient that has survived the test of time like Turmeric doesn’t require as much information as to what the benefits are, but really how to pick the best one. Before we discuss that, let’s just have quick review of why this special herb has been incorporated in natural medicine and healthful practices for so long. Turmeric is an ancient spice derived from the rhizome and root of the Curcuma longa plant, which is commonly found in Indian cooking. It’s also important to recognize Curcumin which is a derivative of Turmeric which contains curcuminoids, the compounds that are responsible for turmeric’s medicinal properties. Using turmeric and its derivative curcumin as an herbal supplement is vital to achieve the supplements benefits.
Turmeric and its most active compound curcumin can aid you in these ways:
- Powerful Antioxidant & Anti-Inflammatory Effects
- Fights chronic inflammation without side-effects
As you can see there are some great health benefits in supplementing Turmeric – most consumers are using it today to help treat inflammation in joints and tendons – but all are applicable.
The issue is there are thousands of Turmeric supplements on the market. Let’s sort through what you need to check off before buying:
- First, let’s get the basics out of the way – let’s make sure it says Turmeric Curcumin on the label (most do, but let’s just be sure).
- Black Pepper Extract, otherwise can be identified as BioPerine on label, is absolutely required to enhance absorption of Turmeric in your system by as much as 2,000%. Curcumin as it stands is a very poorly absorbed in the bloodstream, thus BioPerine is required.
- Dosage of your Turmeric Curcumin should be at least 1,500 mg per serve.
- We also suggest you consume your Turmeric in a veggie capsule form
- As always, you should confirm that your supplement is all-natural, naturally-sourced and of proper origin. This is just a matter of due-diligence you should do with any dietary supplement.
As you can probably guess, Zammex Nutrition’s Turmeric Curcumin with bioperine checks all the boxes above. It’s a perfect supplement to include in your dietary supplementation plan. Super-charge your supplement plan by combining Zammex Nutrition’s Collagen or Bone Broth with Turmeric and just watch how your overall well-being skyrockets!
Zammex Nutrition is dedicated to providing our customers with pure ingredients. Our raw materials are sourced direct from the earth’s natural resources and have been proven to enhance health, wellness and overall beauty.