5 Benefits of eating Beef Jerky
Posted: Sep 22, 2019
Beef Jerky in Australia is now considered a very good way of getting a very healthy and nutritious snack, especially with a lot of fitness and health enthusiast. Jerky is an ancient way of preserving meat that has been used by many cultures for thousands of years. The most well know people to use it being the American Indians who used it to preserve their meat over the long, cold winters and times when fresh meat was scarce.
Five benefits you can get from eating Beef Jerky
- Beef Jerky is high in protein and provides enough energy for a vigorous workout with a 20 gram serving providing 82 calories, 46 of those from fat and with only 2 grams of carbohydrate. Organic Beef Jerky is often eaten by body builders to give them the energy needed for their daily exercises. Many of today’s Australian athletes regularly eat beef jerky as part of their training diet
- Beef Jerky provides the body with a good supply of iron and zinc in forms that are readily absorbed and used. These minerals are a great boost to the immune system, assist in quickly healing the body from the stress damage of exercise and boost the body’s ability to produce red blood cells
- Beef jerky does not raise insulin levels, a chemical that often signals for the storage of fat in the body. Beef jerky is also very low in preservatives and sugars while being 6% dietary fiber and only 3% cholesterol
- Beef jerky is very convenient, it’s thin and very portable does not need refrigeration or special storage arrangements. Place some in your pocket and snack while exercising to replenish your energy levels
- Beef jerky can easily be made at home from fresh organic pasture grown beef or if you prefer, you can purchase your organic beef jerky in Australia at health conscious stores or online
An easy recipe is:
- Make a mixture of Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, honey, paprika, red pepper flakes with onion and garlic powder to form a marinade
- Slice your Beef thinly and coat it in the marinade, then leave it overnight
- Dry the beef and discard any leftover marinade
- Place the dried beef strips on a wire rack in a preheated oven @ 80C (175F) and bake for about 4 hours or until dry and leathery
- Trim to desired thicknesses and keep in a food safe airtight container
Beef jerky has a glycemic in one single portion of about 20 grams of approximately one, although many people will eat more than one serving at a time.
One cup of Australian Beef Jerky pieces contains about 370 calories, 23 grams of fat plus approximately 10 grams of carbohydrate
This super nutrient dense snack has a long shelf life and can be repackaged for users ease. It comes in a strong vacuumed pack that’s convenient for people on the go such as hikers, sportsman hunters and campers making Beef Jerky very popular in Australia
Beef Jerky made in Australia is now very popular because of its great taste, it doesn’t need refrigeration and is easily carried around making it the perfect high energy snack for athletes and active people everywhere. It’s healthy, full of protein and inexpensive.
Made From Prime Cuts Of 100% Grass Fed Australian Beef, Empire Jerky Is Australia's First Truly Gourmet Beef Jerky.