Probiotics and health
Posted: Sep 28, 2019
Probiotics promote intestinal health by regulating host mucosal and systemic immune function or by regulating the balance of intestinal flora. When the number of probiotics in the intestine is sufficient, the body's digestion, absorption, detoxification, and immune functions are all in a normal state. The intestines can fully absorb various nutrients to ensure the normal operation and repair of various organs, and provide strong immunity to the human body.
Probiotics and harmful bacteria have a placeholder struggle in the intestines. Whoever has more quantity will be in a dominant position. Therefore, taking probiotic supplements can increase the amount, so that it can take nutrients with harmful bacteria and inhibit the growth and reproduction of harmful bacteria.
The main effects of probiotics are as follows:
- 1. Maintain normal intestinal function. Probiotic strains produce digestive enzymes in our gastrointestinal tract, helping us to better digest and absorb nutrients.
- 2. Help lactose intolerance to promote digestion. Probiotics can help lactose intolerants produce galactosidase-active bacteria, thereby solving the adverse reactions such as abdominal pain and flatulence caused by lactose intolerance.
- 3. Enhance human immunity. Active probiotics can colonize the gut and regulate the balance of various flora in the gut. Probiotics can also directly affect the immune system of the intestine and enhance the immune function of the intestine. It also works against stomach acid. The probiotics adhere to the surface of the epithelial cells of the intestine, and a protective membrane is constructed to prevent harmful bacteria from entering the intestines, protecting the gastrointestinal mucosa from damage, and blocking the toxins from entering the other organs of the body for destruction.
- 4. Prevent cancer and inhibit tumor growth. Metabolites such as polysaccharides, bacteriocins, and lactic acid that inhibit tumor growth can be obtained from probiotics, which activate the body's immune system, reduce the pH in the intestine, and stimulate intestinal peristalsis by inhibiting the production of enzymes that convert carcinogens. It eliminates pathogenic toxins and carcinogens in the intestines, thereby reducing the possibility of carcinogenesis.
- 5. Alleviate allergic reactions. In general, the more probiotics in the human gut, the less likely you are to suffer from allergic diseases.
- 6. Lower serum cholesterol. Probiotics have the action of a bile salt hydrolase. It can reduce the absorption of cholesterol by the body's hydrolyzed bile salts and cholesterol.
The human flora should be kept in balance, so the probiotics are not the more the better. Excessive intake and supplementation of probiotics not only can not have a positive effect on the human body, but also may cause the human organs to be overloaded, causing negative effects and disturbing the intestinal environment. In general, probiotics are mainly found in fermented foods such as yogurt, cheese, natto, soybean meal, fermented bean, and kimchi. Fresh fruits and vegetables also contain various prebiotics. It is now also made into a variety of dietary supplements (capsules, tablets, powders). People should focus on eating foods that contain probiotics, rather than relying too much on probiotic supplements.
Probiotics can be obtained from food, which can help the body to promote intestinal digestion, improve intestinal peristalsis, and effectively prevent intestinal bacteria from multiplying, thereby achieving a preventive health care function. So who needs to supplement probiotics?
- Newborn babies: Infants and young children born after 3 months of age can be gradually taken some dairy products containing probiotics, especially those with caesarean section or premature birth. Because this type of newborn baby has fewer bifidobacteria in the intestine, it needs probiotics to supplement it, thus improving the baby's resistance. However, they are not recommended to take too much probiotic supplements.
- People with frequent diarrhea or constipation: Diarrhea and constipation are the cause of imbalance in the intestinal regulation system. Probiotics can effectively regulate the number of bacteria in the intestines, thereby finding a balance between beneficial bacteria and harmful bacteria in the intestines.
3. Tumor patients who have received chemotherapy or radiotherapy: Because the radiation of chemotherapy drugs and radiotherapy kills tumor cells, it also kills probiotic bacteria in the intestines, causing disorder of intestinal flora, resulting in constipation and bloating. Proper supplementation of probiotics can help patients promote intestinal digestion for better therapeutic results.
- People who use too much antibiotics: People who need long-term use of antibiotics because of human diseases also need to take probiotics which can aid in some of the side effects of antibiotics, thereby regulating body structure. Please note that probiotics cannot be taken at the same time as antibiotics. If antibiotics must be taken, the interval between taking probiotics and antibiotics should not be shorter than 2 to 3 hours.
- Indigestion: People with frequent indigestion always have bloating and anorexia after eating. Probiotics can help intestinal peristalsis without the use of drugs, thereby promoting digestion and enhancing the self-regulation of the intestines.
- Lactose intolerance: lactose intolerance is congenitally deficient in lactase, causing lactose to be broken down and bloating and diarrhea. Probiotics help break down lactose in milk or other beverages and promote the body's absorption of nutrients.
- Elderly: With the increasing age, beneficial probiotics such as bifidobacteria in the human intestinal tract will continue to decrease, and they will not be able to reproduce themselves. Only by external intake can these probiotics be obtained. Therefore, frequent supplementation of probiotics is also a health care method for the elderly.
Note: People with immunodeficiency or problems with the intestinal barrier need to take probiotics with caution.
Elleder, focus on health issues. If you want to kown more about capsules and pharmaceutical machines, visit our website at: https://www.ipharmachine.com.