Directory Image
This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using our website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

Easy Way to Get Birth Certificate Attested After 1 Yr in India

Author: Manoj Sodhani
by Manoj Sodhani
Posted: Jun 15, 2020
municipal corporatio

The incorrect date of birth is a common problem that can paralyze your immigration process. Several individuals make several rounds of the Municipal Corporation or Gram Panchayat office or Tehsildar at a Taluk Level to change it. Despite showing patience, they get nothing out of it. The Registrar, being a competent authority, straightly rejects their plea.

The Indian legislation has some norms to be followed for registering the birth. These rules are as follows:

  • Register the birth of your baby within 21 days of his/her birth.
  • After this stipulated period, you can register it within thirty days. But, you shall pay a late fee for getting this certificate. The parents shall present an affidavit before a notary public.
  • The registration takes place in the Municipal Corporation or Gram Panchayat office or Tehsildar at a Taluk Level.
  • The Registrar is a signing authority that verifies all supporting documents before putting his stamp.
  • If the
birth remains unregistered till a year, it shall be registered only on an order of a Magistrate of the first class. He will verify the correctness of the birth and you have to pay the prescribed fee for it.

These measures should be considered when a young one takes birth in your family. Otherwise, you have to verify the birth with the police and then, visit the authority for attesting the certificate.

But, how can you get it if you have lost it? What if it is misplaced or damaged?

In such cases, the Municipal Corporation issues non-availability of the birth certificate. But, it’s a very critical process. Your immigration can be deferred. Thereby, your future plans could turn bitter. You can get rid of them without bending over your back.

Pre-Application Preparation:

1. Lodge an FIR: In case your birth proof is not there, you have to lodge a complaint to the local police. It is a mandatory process before going through attestation services in India. You can lodge it either online or offline. For online process:

  • Browse the state police website.
  • Get registered and file an FIR under "Lost/Found".
  • Provide your email id, phone number and the place where you lost it.
  • Brief the birth proof being missed at the end.
  • The complaint acknowledgement will be sent to your email id.
  • Take out its hard copy.

2. Collect other documents: You should have all proofs to authenticate your birth place and parents ID. As proofs, this list of document can help you:

  • Parent’s Address Proof
  • FIR

Once you are done with these steps, you ought to visit the GO (Gazette Officer) office. Drill into your head that the officer should be Grade A.

Easy Method to Get Birth Certificate Attested:

  • As aforementioned, you need to visit the Grade-A Magistrate or SDM office.
  • Carry along all supporting documents, like your address proof and parent’s id proof.
  • Meet the officer in person.
  • Explain the pan scenario and request for the certificate attestation.
  • The SDM will draft a document, stating your name, date of birth, parent’s name and address. He drafts it on his letterhead.
  • At the end, this official paper is attested by him.

Eventually, you get it. This paper proves a vital piece of paper to re-register your birth. Now, you can follow these steps to get online birth proof:

  • Visit
  • Sign up from the option in the left.
  • Click ‘General Public’ to get registered with the website.
  • Input your username, user ID, district/ village, mobile number and place of birth.
  • Enter the verification code.
  • Hit the ‘registration’ tab.
  • Once your registration is done, a thank you message will pop up.
  • Check your email id to get confirmation of your registration and click.
  • Set a new password for logging in.
  • Again, log in after 24 hours.
  • Subsequently, fill the details of the applicant, his/her parents and location.
  • Save and take out its hard copy.
  • Thereafter, visit the office of the registrar to get it attested.

If you want to change the date of your birth, verification by SDM or Gazette officer is necessary. Otherwise, there is no authority that can approve your request in India.

About the Author

Manoj Sodhani is an Nri consultant whose concern areas are immigration-based documentation, such as passport, visa and transcripts.

Rate this Article
Leave a Comment
Author Thumbnail
I Agree:
Author: Manoj Sodhani

Manoj Sodhani

Member since: Jul 10, 2017
Published articles: 7

Related Articles