Protect Your Home With These Easy Tips
Posted: Nov 21, 2019
If you are like most people, you want to keep your family safe in your home. Here are some excellent tips that you can use to make your home safer and boost Home Security:
- Install a peephole into your door. You should always have one in any exterior door.
- Keep all of your doors, even your garage door, closed and locked, even when you are safe in your house.
- Keep any ladder locked up and try to store them in a shed or in the garage if possible.
- Use a real…or even fake…video surveillance camera where people can see it from the front door. This helps to deter burglars.
- Plant bushes that have thorns near the windows of your home.
- Place your valuables in a sock, and then put the sock in a drawer in your child’s room. A burglar will rarely go into a kid’s room.
- Place stoppers on all window tracks and make sure they are locked. Also, close the curtains and shades during the night.
- If you are heading out for vacation, make arrangements for someone to park their car in the driveway, mow your lawn, and consider putting a hold on your newspaper and mail delivery.
- Place all of your lighting systems on a timer and set it so that the lights go on and off when you are away from home.
- Make sure to install carbon monoxide and smoke detectors on each floor of your home.
- When the doorbell rings, don’t answer it unless you are expecting someone.
- Always check your windows after a service person leaves your home, as sometimes they might have unlocked the windows to come back later and have easy access.
- Check that your home address can be seen from the street.
- If you smoke, make sure to rinse the butts in water before tossing them in the trash.
- Keep any flammables away from your home.
- Don’t leave any spare key in obvious places, such as under a welcome mat, a fake-looking plastic rock, or a flower pot. Instead, find another method like leaving it with a neighbor.
- Don’t leave your home if you have a candle burning or a fire in the fireplace.
- Don’t leave on any appliances that produce heat, such as a curling iron, unless you plan on using it.
- Look into door reinforcement technology.
- Don’t leave your home without making sure the phone’s ringer is set to "silent." You don’t need a burglar to hear the phone ringing off the hook with no one answering it.
- Don’t let any packages sit outside. Instead, make sure to use a service that requires that you sign for your package.
- Keep your phone near your bed overnight.
This might sound like a lot, but it’s all super easy to implement, and it can make a big difference in how safe…or unsafe…or secure your home is.
ROBERT SICILIANO CSP, is a #1 Best Selling Amazon.com author, CEO CreditParent.com, home security expert for Porch.com, and the architect of the CSI Protection certification; a Cyber Social and Identity and Personal Protection security awareness training program.
Everybody during this world does not need to appear or feel aged rather look young and cheerful. The terribly thought of maturity could be a incubus for all.