Why Has AOL Mail Disappeared and How to Recover Deleted AOL Email?
Posted: Dec 16, 2019
Did the AOL Mail disappear when you tried to open your AOL email? Find out why it happens and how to recover deleted AOL emails along with steps to reactivate AOL account.
Does AOL Mail disappear when you open your email account? This can happen due to plenty of reasons. For instance, you may have accidentally deleted the email. Or else, the emails may be getting moved to the filtered folders. In some scenarios, the AOL server might be down. When the AOL account is inactive for a long time, it gets deactivated. To access your AOL emails, you may have to reactivate aol account In this blog, we will discuss the process to recover deleted AOL email.
How to Fix AOL Mail Disappeared Issue
Follow these steps to resolve the AOL Mail has disappeared problem.
Check the Trash
Do you feel that your AOL mail Dissapeared when you access your email account? If the answer to this question is yes, then you should first see the Trash or deleted emails folder of your AOL Mail.
In case you notice that there are any messages in these folders, then you may have accidentally deleted those messages or shifted them to these folders. Now you can easily recover deleted AOL email. This process is extremely simple and can be done in a few minutes. Here is how you can restore deleted AOL emails.
- Go to the AOL website or AOL Desktop app.
- Sign in to your AOL email account.
- Now, after logging in, you have to open the Trash or Deleted Items folder.
- Click on the emails that you wish to restore.
- After that, click Actions.
- Choose the folder in which you wish to remove the emails.
- Go to the selected folder, and the missing emails can be found there.
Check your Filter Settings
Are new or old AOL emails missing? If this is the case, then you need to check if there are any filter settings in place. You might have, accidentally or otherwise, set up certain filters. This is why your emails may be getting moved to other folders rather than your inbox. In case you do know how to access the filter settings or are finding them inconvenient, then you can remove the filters. Follow these steps to learn how to access Filter settings and remove filters.
- First, you need to open the AOL Desktop software or the website.
- Sign in to your AOL email account, if needed.
- Click on the Options button.
- From the range of options, click on Mail settings.
- Open the Filters menu.
- In case any filter is turned on, disable it.
Check if the Original Copy is Present in the Server
Have your AOL emails vanished from the mail app? Can you access them via any other app such as Outlook? If the answer to this question yes, then it may be happening because the original copy has been moved from the server. Here is what you need to do to get your emails back.
- First, you need to click on the Files option.
- After that, go to account settings.
- Select your AOL email account.
- From the list of options, click on the Edit button.
- Now, hit the Advance button.
- On the next screen, click on Advance again.
- Click on the Leave a copy of the mail on the server option.
- When the prompt comes, click on the OK button.
How to Fix AOL Mail Disappeared on Mobile Device
Are AOL emails missing from your phone? Here’s what you need to do:
- First, you need to open the Settings application on your mobile device.
- After that, tap on Mail.
- Now, select your AOL email address.
- Tap on the Sync option.
- Allow the process to complete.
In case this does not work, here is what you need to do:
- Go to the Settings app.
- Select the Mails option.
- After that, select your AOL email account.
- Tap on the Delete button.
- Restart your phone.
- Go back to the Mail settings.
- Tap on Add account.
- In the service provider section, choose AOL.
- Enter the details required.
- Add your AOL account again.
How to Recover Deleted AOL Emails?
Did you lose AOL emails? You may have accidentally or purposely deleted them. Well, you can restore the deleted emails. In case you wish to recover the deleted emails within a week, then you have to access the Trash folder for recovering them. In case the time period of seven days has already passed, then you can Recover Deleted aol emails from the server.
Steps for Recovering AOL Mails from the Trash Folder
Sometimes, people delete emails accidentally. If you have done this, then you will notice that the deleted items will get removed to the Trash. These emails will stay in the Trash folder for a week. After that, they will get deleted permanently. In case the time window of seven days has not passed, then you can recover deleted AOL emails easily.
- First, you need to visit www.aol.com.
- After that, click on the Mail icon at the upper left-hand corner.
- Click on AOL Mail.
- Log in to your AOL email account.
- Now, you need to scroll the left panel and click on Trash.
- When the folder opens, you will find the deleted emails.
- Choose the mails you wish to recover.
- After that, click on the Action option.
- From the list of options, select Inbox. It is below the Move To header.
- Now, the deleted emails will get moved to the inbox.
Process for Recovering Deleted AOL Mails from the Server
Has it been more than a week since you deleted the AOL emails? Well, now these emails have been deleted permanently, and they won’t be present in the Trash or Recently Deleted folder. But, do not worry. You can recover deleted AOL email from the server.
In case you use the AOL webmail service, then you will be happy to know that the email data does not get stored on the computer. It gets stored in the AOL server. Therefore, when you deleted any email, you can recover it by contacting the email server admin
How to Reactivate AOL Account?
Here are the complete steps for reactivating free or paid AOL email account.
AOL Mail Free Account
AOL email account can get deactivated because of long periods of inactivity. Thankfully, the process for reactivating AOL email free account is pretty easy. The steps for the same are listed below.
- To get started, you have to launch your preferred internet browser.
- Then, navigate to aol.com.
- Click on the Envelope icon at the top for accessing your AOL Mail.
- In case you are not signed in, then you need to enter your AOL email address or username.
- Click on the Next button.
- After that, enter your AOL email account password.
- Then you need to hit the Sign In button.
- Once you have successfully signed in, your AOL email account will get reactivated.
AOL Desktop Gold
Do you have a subscription to AOL Desktop Gold? If you are a paid user of AOL, then the steps to help you reactivate AOL account are mentioned below. You need to make sure that your subscription is still valid before you get started with the steps.
- To get started, you have to open any preferred internet browser.
- Now, simply access aol.com.
- Click on the Mail icon at the top.
- Once the email page loads, enter the username or email ID.
- You can tick mark the square located beside Stay logged in.
- Click on Next.
- Enter your AOL email account password.
- Click on Log In at the bottom.
- Once you are in your inbox, click on My Services.
- From the drop-down that appears, choose Subscriptions.
- Locate the AOL mail account that you want to reactivate.
- Scroll to the Subscription Information segment.
- Copy the Access link on the screen.
- Paste the copied link in a new tab or window.
- When the page loads, type your AOL email account username and password.
- Follow the on-screen instructions for recovering your AOL email account.
The process to get back your deleted AOL emails is pretty simple. You may be unable to access your emails because your account may be deactivated. In such cases, you can reactivate AOL account using the steps mentioned above. All in all, if the AOL Mail disappears, do not panic, just apply the solutions given above.
Ref Site : https://medium.com/@rsofficework/why-has-aol-mail-disappeared-1-877-200-8067-recover-deleted-aol-emails-a3db09090c67
I am Social Media Experts Business Promotions Online Branding and hacking to improvement in your business.