Class 9 French Revolution
Posted: Dec 31, 2019
Class 9 French Revolution Revision Notes
- In this blog learn everything about the french revolution and get the Revision notes of this Lesson. Learn About the French Revolution (Class 9 History Chapter 1) Briefly by Revision Notes.
Watch Full Article: Class 9 French Revolution Revision Notes
- On the morning of 14 July 1789 in Paris (7000 men and women).
- Bastille was burnt and seven prisoners released, the commander died.
- Past:- In 1774, Louis XVI of the bourbon family became king of France
- He was 20 years old and married with the princes Marie Antoinette
- The old regime is usually used to describe the society and institution of France before 1789.
- Peasants made 90% of the population.
- Only 3rd estate pay tax.
- Money Lost:- Because of fighting with the British to give freedom to 13 American colonies 2 billion livers used and Louis XIV taken too much Loan.
- Louis XVI wants to gain his treasury from the peasants or 3rd Estate.
- Direct taxes were called taille
- The population of France rose from about 23 Millon in 1715 to 28 Million in 1789.
- But there is no increase in production of grains so, taxes increases, but the workers didn't get any increase in their salary it laid to subsistence crises
- Educated and 3rd Estate persons told that this estate system should be abolished.
- The King rejected their proposal of voting which is given by the 3rd Estate.
- In protest they walked out From the assembly they told themselves as a National Assembly
- On 20 June, in the indoor tennis court, of Versailles. They drafted the constitution
- When the national assembly was working on the constitution. A severe winter had bad Harvest, so price increases on Bread
- Women and men revolts
- National Assembly drafted in 1791.
- On 4 August 1789 Feudal system stopped and France became constitutional after 1791
- The Period of 1793-1794 is referred to as Reign of Terror
- 21 January 1793 The king and Her wife Guillotine.
- 1804 Napoleon Bonaparte crowded Himself as an Emperor of France.
- He died at waterloo in 1814.
- Ex. philosophers like John Locke and Jean Jacque Rousseau.
- The Spirit of Louis, Montesquieu said that there should be a division of Powers in the Government.
- In France's old regime the monarch did not have the power to increase taxes on own. He had to call a meeting of generals of three Estates but it was not held Since 1614.
- On 5 May 1789, he called a meeting to pass a proposal of taxes in A hall of Versailles. The 1st and the 2nd Estates sent 300 representatives who had to stand at the back in the Meeting.
- 3rd Estate came with 40000 letters of their demands.
Writer who writes all about the world without any fear of world or without fearing from authuority I am a great writer i had publisher 89 plus books and i have my own newspaper company