- Views: 5
- Report Article
- Business & Careers
The Power of Integrated Material Requirements Planning (MRP)
by Xcel Digital
Posted: Jan 30, 2020
Posted: Jan 30, 2020
At a Glance
- The need for integrated Material Requirements Planning (MRP) in growing companies
- Gain perspective on MRP and Supply Chain Planning as essential drivers for growth
- Managing customer expectations & reality behind the scenes
- Real-life pain points
- A planner’s day-in-the-life and what matters while planning production campaigns
- Workforce resistance and solutions in adapting to newer efficient ways of planning
- What can an integrated materials requirement planning and forecasting system do for you?
- Key Takeaways
- Planned supply
- On-hand availability (after all allocations / reservations) &
- Resource capacity
- Overall Customer demand
- Worker availability
- Machine capacity
- Raw material availability
- Stocked supplies
- Quality requirements
- Batch potency requirements
- Educating your workforce on the pros of adapting to newer methods and tools to increase supply chain optimization
- Providing assurance to them that the new age tools are actually simpler to use and often follow standard methods of execution
- Helping them gently cross the hurdle through a proper change management process
- Having them involved in the overall transformation from no planning or manual planning to a systematised planning and scheduling tool
- Teaming your workforce with newer team members who may have seen other tools and can be change agents during the process
- Look at your current cycle count procedures and re-categorize the ABC items for better visibility.
- Engage in proper clock-in/ clock-out and time management procedures through production floor and job management systems to allocate operators optimally for the right jobs.
- Provide proper handoffs from one step in the operation to the other to relieve operators and resources appropriately.
- Schedule jobs proactively and set good methods in place to operate efficiently.
XcelPros is a Chicago-based company delivering transformation through technology.