- Views: 4
- Report Article
- Health & Fitness
- Dental Care
What are dental crowns?
Posted: Feb 23, 2020
A dental crown is a cap placed on top of a damaged tooth. It is the most common dental procedure performed by the best dentist in Bhopal. The dental cap or crown restores the form, strength and visual appearance of the tooth. When the dental crown is cemented, it covers the visible part of the tooth. Crowns can be made to look completely natural.
Dental crowns are vital for restoring and preserving the integrity of your mouth and bite. Tooth decay or break can lead to gaps. These gaps can create further problems down the line.
Ziffytech is a platform where you can find a dentist in Bhopal. It also provides you an opportunity to find the best Dental Surgeon in Bhopal.
Why do you need dental crowns?
Dental crowns are used for several purposes.
- It protects weak teeth
- Restores broken or damaged teeth
- Protects cracked teeth from further damage
- Supports teeth that have a large dental filling.
- Holds dental bridge in place
- Used to cap root canal tooth.
- Hide misshapen or discolored teeth.
How do dental crowns work?
Crown is like a cap and protects your tooth. Once cemented dental caps act as the top for your tooth and prevent it from further damage or wear and tear. Crowns are made from a robust material, designed to take the vigor of chewing.
What are the dental crowns available?
Permanent crowns can be from different materials, the options available are: –
- Stainless steel crowns are prefabricated crowns that can be used on permanent teeth temporarily. The crown protects your tooth while your crown is being made. Stainless steel crowns are popular with children to fit over the primary tooth. Stainless steel crowns are cheaper than custom made crowns, but the main disadvantage is its appearance.
- Metal crowns can be made of gold, palladium, and nickel. Metal crowns are long-lasting and rarely chip or break and sturdy. The crown easy to install and study and need a small amount of tooth to be removed. The metallic color is a major drawback of metal crowns. They are usually used for molars.
- Porcelain fused metal crowns match the color of your teeth and look natural. These wear down faster than stainless steel and metal crowns. The porcelain portion of the crown may break down. Sometimes the underlying metal is visible, especially when your gum goes back. Porcelain crowns are ideal for the front or back or the bridges where strength is required.
- All resin crowns are less expensive than other types of crowns. These crowns are more prone to fractures than porcelain fused metal crowns.
How are dental crowns installed?
It usually takes two dental visits to install a dental crown.
During the first visit, the best dentist in Bhopal will examine your teeth thoroughly. X-ray of the tooth and surrounding bone will be taken. The dentist will proceed with treating any infection.
Ziffytech is a platform where you can book a diagnostic center in Bhopal at a very affordable price.
Anesthesia is normally applied while they make room for the crown to be placed. The room required depends on the crown selected.
After reshaping the dentist near me makes an impression using a mold or digitally scanning the teeth. This needs to be done carefully so that the crown does not interfere with your bite. A temporary crown to protect the prepared tooth while the crown is being prepared.
Dental impressions are sent to a dental laboratory to make the crown. Dental crowns are custom made may take 2 to 3 weeks.
During your second appointment, the permanent crown is placed. The temporary crown is removed first. The dentist near me places the crown in your mouth and makes last-minute adjustments. Once satisfied cement is used to install the dental crown in place.
Our mission is to synergize all stakeholder of healthcare industry, i.e. Hospitals, Doctors and Diagnostic centre etc. by unleashing the state of the art technology and help assist the industry to function seamlessly so as the visit www.ziffytech.com