Finding an Architect Suited For Your Needs
Posted: Mar 08, 2020
An architect is a professional who specializes in designing the best possible infrastructures such as homes, offices, commercial complexes, etc. Here, the 'best possible' word refers to exceptional architecture, safety, functionality, and monetary value.
An architect is a licensed building design professional who transforms a building idea into a blueprint. An Architect is involved in a building project right from the planning to execution until the completion of the project.
This licensed professional holds all essential skills such as designing, engineering, communication, supervision, and management. An architect ensures that the project finishes as per the blueprint within the stipulated timeframe. Usually, people consider architects as an extra expense to their budget. But, when you compare the architect's fee with the duties he performs; this fee is worth it. Architects bring creativity in design, takes care of safety, helps in getting cost-effective and functional construction.
It is very essential for you to find the best architect for your building project. This is because if the blueprint of your idea is off beam, the entire project can go the wrong direction. So, it is very important that you hire an architect who understands your idea, puts his own creativity, draft a blueprint and monitor the project till execution.
Qualities of a Good Architect
Mentioned below are a few qualities and personality traits of a good architect.
- Passion - This applies to every profession that whatever you do, do it with passion. So, a good architect will always be passionate about his work. A greater level of work ethic and productivity can be achieved only if you are eager and enthusiastic in your profession.
- Easy Going - The work of architects is very difficult as they have to bring creativity, safety, and functionality in their designs and that too within a specific budget. This sometimes can be very stressful for them and one needs to deal with all this with patience and calmness. Therefore, an individual has to be easy-going while perusing architecture as a career.
- Confidence - In order to be the best in the profession, one needs to have confidence. Architects face several challenges each day. They sometimes have to make key decisions and that should be done with full confidence.
- Adaptability - The plans and projects are susceptible to change. A good architect is always prepared to adapt to the changes. Being adaptable, they will be able to meet the problem quickly and competently without any stress.
- Creativity - The ability to think out of the box and being truly creative in designs can make an architect stand out of the crowd. You can choose architecture as your career if you are able to visualize the final outcome even before drawing the sketch.
An architect requires dedication and has to do a lot of hard work to achieve their goals. If you find all these qualities in an architect, you are good to go with.
How to find a good architect?
Listed below are a few ways to find a good architect in your city.
- Friends or Family - The first and the best thing you can do to find a good architect is to ask friends or family for referrals. If any of your relatives have hired an architect in the past and were satisfied with his/her services, you can seek recommendations from them.
- Go Online - Today, in the 21st Century, we have almost everything over the internet. You can make a list of good architects in your city by searching over the internet. There are several yellow pages directories and classified websites from where you can find the list of architects. Start filtering the list based on the customer reviews, creativity in designs, years of experience and other such factors.
- Consult Realtors - You can visit a nearby realtor's office and ask them about good architects in the locality. The advice of these builders is also valuable because they themselves deal with these architects each day. They know who is the best person to hire for which task.
- Visit the Architect's Office - The personal interaction is the best to be confident about the person you are hiring for your project. Go randomly to the local architect's office and meet in person. Discuss your project and get an idea of what he/she thinks about. You can also check their previous portfolio or current projects in progress to know their creativity.
Once you find a perfect architect for your project, discuss pricing, mode of payment, time for creating the blueprint, time for completion of the project. A reputed architect will be licensed, certified and will be transparent in the pricing.
SIEC (Studio International Engineering Consultants) is one of the top architects in Dubai with over 5 years of experience in construction industry.
SIEC is one of the top architects in Dubai with over 5 years of experience in construction industry. If you are looking for landscape architecture companies in Dubai, Studio International Engineering Consultants is the best.