Get To Know The Advantages And Challenges Of A Cabin Crew Member
Posted: Mar 09, 2020
If you have already decided to lead the life of a cabin crew member, you definitely have made a proper research about it. Undoubtedly this is one of those very few careers that face such a huge demand in the market. There are definitely a huge number of advantages of becoming a cabin crew member which will get to know in details.
There is no doubt that cabin crew is one of those very few jobs that can help you meet new people, new places, celebrities and enjoy a glamorous lifestyle. Yes, you just read it right, being a cabin crew member open the opportunity to enjoy a glamorous lifestyle. There are definitely various advantages of the jobs just than serving tea, meals, and coffee to the passengers. It also means that your hair and makeup is perfectly fine at times.
If you are thinking that whatever you want is this then you still have the opportunity to think again.
There will be times when you might feel giving up which has been heard from a real-time cabin crew member, but with time you will get to know how to deal with the situations. However, in the cabin crew training, you will be provided with the leaning to deal with such situations.
It is not that easy to successfully take the roles of the cabin crew member, as there are deeper things that you need to do as well. With advantages, there are some challenges as well which you need to face. Perhaps, this is common in most of the services.
So let us now have a look at the primary role of the cabin crew member.
The primary role of the cabin crew member on all the airlines is to ensure the safety of the passengers, aircraft, and the other crew members. Passenger welfare and comfort is secondary which comprises of the meals and drinks.
Advantages of becoming a cabin crew member:
- You will get to see new places: One of the biggest advantages of becoming a cabin crew member is to find the new places. You will find the places without even paying any fee for the holiday trip. Besides, they will again pay you for it. You will not find such jobs paying you for the trips.
Since your prime job is to manage the flight including the passengers, you will always be there while it’s flying. Hence wherever the flight goes, you will be there, and therefore you will always be able to visit new places.
- Get discounts: The real deal is when you are going for a real trip. The best part about it is you can easily get the bookings of your holidays at a cheaper price than expected. Especially to the workers, most of the airlines offer the free or discounted tickets. These deals are especially provided to the cabin crew members and becomes a great deal for the members.
- Meet new people: One of the biggest advantages of becoming a cabin crew member that you get an amazing chance to meet new people. Unlike other sectors, where you have to meet the same people and you get limited to a certain people and culture, cabin crew is certainly a lot different from other job profiles.
This is one of such job profiles where you have to take care of other passengers except the members of 12 to 14 people who you will find in common every day. Other than these you will be finding new people from the different culture. This is definitely no way a monotonous job and therefore will keep your excitement high every time you go for your job.
- You start looking glamorous: One of the major advantages of becoming the cabin crew members is that you start taking care of yourself. You will be taught to take care of your, do your hair in a proper manner in the cabin crew training course as well, as it is a part of the job.
Each and every day when you start preparing yourself to go for your job, you have to make sure that you are also looking glamorous. The reason is since you are at the forefront of the company; you will be expected to look great and presentable. Moreover an intriguing personality is what the passenger look up to.
- You will earn great: Cabin crew is one of those jobs that provide you with ample of opportunities to earn a huge salary by the end of the month. Compared to other jobs, the initial salary of a cabin crew member are much higher. Besides, you will be provided with several opportunities to grow in your career and improve your salary structure. If you have the potential you might land up to earning like the way you have always dreamt of.
This is one of such field where you will find several opportunities to improve your earnings.
Well these are some of the most common advantages that you will be provided being a cabin crew member. However, this will again require you to take the challenges of being a cabin crew member as well.
Some of the most common challenges include:
- You have to be flexible enough as the cabin crew members might have to work for 12 hours at a stretch. This can be tiring but if you are ready to become a cabin crew member, you definitely need to overcome this challenge.
- Jet lag is one of the most common problems faced by the cabin crew members. Since they travel around places, they tend to shift between the different shifts. This is the reason why cabin crew members start getting jet lag. You need to deal with it if you want to become a cabin crew member.
- You need to face different types of passengers. You also know that not all passengers will be easy to handle and some will be grumpy. Hence no matter how bad day you had, you have to deal with it.
Each and every job has its set of advantages and disadvantages. However, if you learn to cope up, you can improve in your career and see growth. Now you can also get in touch with APT which is the best cabin crew training institute in India to get your training and enjoy a successful career.
Apt has the courses and trainers who can easily train you at your best to improve the chances of enjoying a great career.
Applied Professional Training is a leading air hostess training institute in Kolkata. Our company was established in 2010 with a target of producing the most talented and skilled air hostesses.