Migrate Exchange Server 2016 to Exchange Server 2019
Posted: Mar 09, 2020
Migrating Exchange Server to Office 365 in Easy 4 steps
Exchange Migration can be done many ways lets check how to migrate exchange 2003, 2007 and 2010 to office 365 using cutover migration. Lets know about these in detailed steps.
To plan the migration to office 365, admins need to have the enough information and the exchange deployment assistant is recommended by Microsoft for all migration tasks which makes the most of the migration simple and easy.
In this step we need to make sure whether the current exchange server supports outlook anywhere and auto discover. After the setup verification open Microsoft remote connectivity analyzer tool and select outlook anywhere test. After successful completion of the test then you can proceed with the further steps.
These are the configuration steps for cutover migration
Login to Office 365 Admin Centre and open admin center and select migration.
Click + and in that select migrate to exchange online. Then Select cutover migration.
After that enter the on-premises account credentials and proceed.
If your configured perfectly, auto discover will resolve the on-premise exchange server and the RPC proxy server.
Enter New Migration Batch name. Then select user to get the report when the migration is done. Here multiple users can be selected then automatically start the batch. If not select another option as not ready to start the migration and can select the manual start of the batch later.
Then click new, then the new migration batch will be created and the status set to sync. Migration completion will be based on the number of users and amount of data.
EdbMails Exchange Server Migration performs secure migration of all your data from any exchange server to live exchange server without any difficulty. All the mailbox, calendar, tasks, contact etc. will be migrated to the destination exchange server and it also migrates Public Folders and Archive mailboxes. You can also perform exchange migration with csv file containing list of mailboxes. EdbMails is simple to understand and you can setup the migration project in just a few steps. You can Upgrade Exchange 2010 to 2016 or migrate from one server to another and also move older version of exchange to newer version with EdbMails Exchange Migration tool.
Exchange Server Migration Tool – Features:
- Performs incremental migration of your exchange server to Office 365 public folders.
- Incremental Migration: Consecutive Migration will only migrate newly added items to your mailbox there by saves bandwidth and time
- Exchange Server Migration will be Incremental and will not create any duplicate items on consecutive migration from the same computer
- Exchange Server Public folders Migration to Office 365 Public folders.
- Exchange Server Public folders to Exchange Server Public folders Migration
- Exchange Server Archive mailbox Migration
- Migrates all on-premises exchange mailboxes to Office 365.
- Support for batch exchange server migration or as individual mailboxes
- Supports o Exchange Server versions 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
- Supports automatic mapping or manual mapping method to map source and destination mailboxes.
- Supports different languages and also special characters.
- Supports Selective item migration.
- No restrictions on mailbox size as it migrates any size mailboxes from live exchange server to office 365.
Know More: Exchange Migration tool