How to find the right SEO agency to partner with?
Posted: Mar 22, 2020
SEO could benefit many businesses that are looking to increase their online presence and drive more targeted traffic to their websites. Unfortunately, the SEO industry has also attracted a lot of cowboys who don’t know much about SEO. You should make sure you avoid these and hire agencies that use ethical “white hat” SEO techniques.
When it comes to finding the right SEO partner, here are some tips that might come in handy.
- Be wary of any agency that offers a guaranteed ranking. If they can guarantee results without even knowing which keywords you want to target, they are probably using this as a marketing ploy. Think about it. How could they guarantee results if you wanted to compete for keywords like “Apple,” “Google,” or “Facebook”? Without conducting keyword research, it’s impossible to tell how likely the success of an SEO campaign will be and how long it is likely to take. SEO is an ongoing process of research, testing, and analysis. It takes careful planning to identify the best keywords and then put a solid strategy in place to rank for those keywords.
- You should ask your SEO partner how they will create backlinks. A good
- The SEO agency should talk with you about your business needs and goals and also try to understand as much as they can about your target audience. If they do not do this, then they are unlikely to pick keywords that will attract and convert the right audience for your business. They should conduct extensive keyword research and be able to identify the keywords that will bring in more of the right traffic. Traffic is useless if it does not convert!
- The SEO agency should be able to research your competition and tell you what keywords they are targeting and also how much time it is likely to take to compete for the same keywords. They should also be able to come up with alternative strategies if those keywords are far too competitive for your budget or to bring in traffic while you work towards competing for the main keywords.
- SEO takes time. It does not happen overnight. Any Long Island SEO expert should be able to provide you with an accurate monthly report that shows how you are progressing through the search engine results for your keywords. They should also be able to run PPC campaigns on your behalf as well as create content and copy for your site.
- The rate for SEO agencies varies an awful lot. Never go for a cheap service provider. Keep in mind that SEO takes a lot of time as it involves a lot of research, analysis and content creation. If the price seems too good to be true then it probably is! Don’t risk falling foul of black hat SEO techniques for a low price!
When you keep these tips into consideration, you will be able to find a reputable company that works around the clock to build your online presence.
Cybernet is a digital agency that specializes in web technology and web marketing. Our services range from graphic design to custom software programming.