Different certifications offered by IIBA
Posted: Mar 27, 2020
Since its inauguration in the year 2003, IIBA is serving the candidates with different courses and certifications. The IIBA certification is easily recognized in several organizations throughout the world. Therefore, you can easily assume the value of the institution. The certifications allow you to enter the field of the business analyst and assist you to do better in the ground. Regardless to mention, the candidates with the certification from the IIBA institution relish additional facilities regarding the job position and annual pay scale than the ordinary business analyst.
ECBA or entry certificate in business is an entry-level certification from IIBA. With this IIBA certification, the beginning of your business analyst career will be smooth and hassle-free. The course makes you learn the necessary concept regarding the base of the field. Therefore, it will be easier for you to grasp the job responsibility of the field. To achieve the ECBA certificate, you need to meet with the below-mentioned criteria:
- In the past 4 years, the candidates need 21 hours of professional development from IIBA or any recognized institution.
- Code of Conduct with ECBA compliance
The next certificate approved by IIBA is the CCBA certification. The certificate allows you to achieve better opportunities in the ground. When you opt to pursue the course, you get a better understanding of the business analyst job roles and this makes your task easier. However, before applying for the course, you need to meet with the eligibility criteria of the mentioned IIBA certification. For getting the approval of the certification, the candidates must have:
- At least of 3750 hours of experience in BABOK Guide in the past 7 years
- 500 hours of practice in a minimum of 4 to 6 knowledge areas
- Along with all these, the candidates even require to have professional development of 21 hours in the last 4 years.
The CBAP exam from the IIBA institutions is one of the toughest tests to crack. For instance, if you compare the difficulty level of the CBAP course and PMP course, the former one will always come first. Nevertheless, its benefits are worth to consider as well. The degree will provide you every sort of advantage and enable you to enjoy a grand annual salary package. However, before appearing for the, check out whether the below-mentioned requirements match with your eligibility:
- The candidates might need at least 7500 hours of job experience within the last 10 years
- A CBAP confirmed Code of Conduct
- Within the last 4 years, the candidates require a minimum of 35 hours of Professional Development
Alongside this, in some cases, the candidates might also seek two recommendations from a CPAB and career manager.
One of the most advanced level certification from the IIBA institution is the AAC. The test is of utmost difficult to crack. Therefore, to achieve this IIBA certification, you need to put a lot of hard efforts. With the below-enlisted requirements, you can easily appear at the test:
- Agile interrelated experience for a minimum of 2 to 3 years in Business analysis ground
The AAC certification does not need any Professional Development experience like other courses.
However, if you become a member of the IIBA institute, you can get to savor multiple advantages while pursuing the courses.
Richard Pierce An expert in Pmi and Iiba Certifications.