Posted: Apr 03, 2020
In this modern era, there are many planes that have large bodies. However, not all large-bodied aircraft can be categorized in the largest passenger aircraft.
One of the interesting things about large aircraft is the ability of the engine. During this time, General Electric is known to be a manufacturer of aircraft engines in the world. And most aircraft that have operated in Indonesia use a machine from GE.
A. Airplane HistoryAirplane / aircraft are machines or similar vehicles that can fly in the atmosphere or air. The first time, airplanes whose capacity was heavier than air were flown by the Wright Brothers (Orville Wright and Wilbur Wright) using their own design aircraft called the Flyer and launched since 1903 in the United States. In addition to the Wright brothers, several other aircraft inventors, Samuel F Cody, were recorded who were carrying out the action at the Fanborough field in England in 1910.
As for aircraft with a capacity lighter than air, it had flown long before. The first flight was by using a hot air balloon that had been discovered by a Frenchman named Joseph Montgolfier and also Etiene Montgolfier which occurred in 1782. Then it was perfected by a German named Ferdinand von Zeppelin by using a modified balloon-shaped cigar used to carry passengers as well as goods in 1900.
In the following years the Zeppelin balloon had mastered air transport to the Zeppelin disaster on a trans-Atlantic New Jersey trip in 1936 and marked the end of the Zeppelin era even though it was still in use before World War II. After the Wright era, many aircraft experienced modifications both in the design, shape and engine of the aircraft to meet the needs of transportation in the air.
B. Type of Airplane1. Based on the designAir balloonPlaneFixed winged aircraft1) A single-winged aircraft
Delta winged aircraftFolding winged aircraftFlying wing2) Two-winged aircraft
3. A three-winged aircraft
d. The wing plane rotates
HelicopterAutogiro2. Based on PropulsionGlider (Glider)Piston engined aircraftTurbo propeller engined aircraftTurbojet engined aircraftTurbofan-engined aircraftRamjet engine3. Based on usageExperimental aircraftCivil passenger aircraftTransport aircraftMilitary aircraftC. Large Aircraft CategorySo that you are enlightened, this is a large aircraft category with commercial passenger aircraft that have up to hundreds of passengers on a single flight.
- Airbus A380-800Airbus A380 is produced by Airbus S.A.S. is a two-tier wide body aircraft, with four engines that can accommodate 850 passengers in a single class configuration and 555 passengers in a three class configuration. This aircraft made its first flight on April 27, 2005 and had started its commercial flights at the end of 2007 after several delays. This aircraft is also the largest commercial airplane (in the number of passenger aircraft) ever discovered until it was dubbed "Superjumbo".
- Boeing 747Following its predecessor, the Boeing 747, known as the Jumbo Jet, is the second largest wide-bodied passenger aircraft today, after the A380 which operated at the end of October 2007. This four-engine aircraft, manufactured by Boeing Commercial Airplanes, has a two-deck configuration which top deck is used for business class. The 3-class configuration (first class, business class and also economy class) can accommodate 400 passengers and the 1-class configuration (economy class only) can accommodate 600 passengers.
- Boeing 747-400Boeing 747-400 is the development of its predecessor, the Boeing 747. This one also has a large body as in its predecessor.
- Boeing 777Boeing 777 is a family of wide body aircraft that have been produced by Boeing Commercial Airplanes. The Boeing 777 has become one of the largest aircraft with jet engines and has the capacity for 314 to 451 passengers flying along 9,695 to 17,594 km. The airline from Indonesia, Garuda Indonesia, apparently belongs to this aircraft, you know. And interestingly, at this time the Garuda Indonesia Boeing 777 can reach long distances, with a machine produced by General Electric namely GE90.
- Airbus A340Airbus A340 is a commercial passenger aircraft with a large size produced by Airbus. This aircraft has a design similar to the type of Airbus A330 aircraft but the A340 uses four engines not just two such as the A330. Aimed as a replacement for previous generation aircraft such as the Boeing 747 but this latest variant is now more competitive with the Boeing 777. More than 370 A340s have been operating worldwide since September 2010. Production of the A340 officially closed in the third half of 2011.
- Boeing 777-200Boeing 777-200 is a twin-engine jet that has been produced by Boeing, the American aerospace company. This plane is often referred to as "Triple Seven". This aircraft is the first commercial aircraft in the world that has been completely designed by computers.
- Airbus A350 XWBThe Airbus A350 XWB (eXtra Wide Body) is a family of wide bodied jets and is being developed by manufacturers of European Airbus aircraft. The A350 will be the first Airbus aircraft with the structure of both wings made of polymers and carbon fiber reinforced. This aircraft will carry 270-350 passengers in third class seats, depending on the variant.
- Airbus A330-300Airbus A330 is a commercial civilian jet engine twin-engine (twinjet) with medium to long distance large capacity, wide body. This aircraft was made in the same time as the four-engined Airbus A340. It is estimated that this aircraft will be replaced by Airbus A350. This aircraft has been developed from the Airbus A300, the premiest wide-body aircraft with the most successful Airbus on the market.
Those are some categories of large bodied aircraft in the world. How? Are you a fan on an airplane? If you are a fan of flying aircraft you should be proud that in our country is included in the category of large-bodied aircraft, namely the Boeing 777 whose company originates from Indonesia, namely Garuda Indonesia.
Never walk alone.........................................................................................