5 Reasons to Use Ghost Clothing Photography
Posted: Apr 20, 2020
No online store can hope to survive without displaying quality images of its products. The prospective customers need to be convinced about the products and end up ordering them. The lack of physical objects is covered by unique and superior photography techniques. It is no wonder therefore that professional product photographers are in high demand today. A particular trick of specialists is to utilize ghost clothing photography effect particularly when capturing clothing and accessories for fashion outlets that choose to operate online.
Sure, it sounds odd but you need to know the facts in order to instruct the photographer you hired. It suffices to learn that the clothing and other fashion accessories to be sold are photographed on a dummy better known as a mannequin. It is customary to click it from the front and then remove it from the mannequin, turn it inside out and again drape it on the human like doll. This will highlight all the features including the zippers and tags that is not visible right away.
The actual trick is to edit the mannequin out of the photograph completely so that you get to look at the garment that looks as if worn by an invisible individual. Both the images, i.e. from the front and the back are then edited with the help of a quality photo editing software and given a 3D effect. The final photograph is sure to convince the would-be customer who would be satisfied to find how that particular garment will appear when worn.
As with everything else, the ghost mannequin effect also comes with its set of pros and cons. It would help you to check out the facts and know about the associated benefits in order to make an informed decision.
Here are some advantages that might interest you to opt for the ghost like effect...
- Use of a mannequin provides the perfect look to the clothes to be displayed on the website. It provides an illusion of a person without deviating from the focus.
- There is no beautiful model or a spectacular background that draws the eye away from the product
- It is time saver as an experienced photographer only needs minutes to make the photograph perfect with the aid of software. Using a model is more time consuming as the individual would have to put on makeup and hold the right pose and posture.
- It is indeed a technique worth using, for it has proved to be cost effective despite the high fees charged by expert product photographers.
- Ecommerce sites that make use of this effect have a consistency that remains evident throughout the page. This helps in keeping the viewers hooked with the bounce rate greatly reduced
While it is a wonderful trick to sell your products, it only works for certain kind of products. If you are selling books or equipment for instance it would just not make any sense to go for a ghost effect.
You may have to use it when trying out product photography Atlanta and hope to sell your products on Amazon, an ecommerce site that does not allow photographs of models.
EtherArts Product Photography was started in May 2007 by Ms. Aarti, to provide low cost, high resolution white background product photography. We offer great images at low prices. Also available are Volume Discounts on already lowered prices. Our services are recommended by many of our clients in various industries, like Jewelry, products, handbags, cosmetics, Industrial and many more. Let us help your business too!
EtherArts Product Photography was started in May 2007 by Ms. Aarti, to provide low cost, high resolution white background product photography.