3d Mapping and Modeling a New Way of Developing and Designing
Posted: Apr 20, 2020
The 3D mapping and modeling market is growing with the increase in demand for3D devices and 3D sensors. The growing investment for research and development for improving3D mapping and modeling process will further increase the demand in the market.
The 3D modeling is the process of developing a mathematical representation of any surface of an object in three dimensions via specialized software. The 3D mapping is based on the projection method that uses objects as a surface instead of screens. The mapping is used for creating 3D views of objects and modeling helps in creating a 3D model of the desired object. The increasing aging population and increase in chronic diseases patients escalate the demand for such solutions for assisting in the surgical process by mapping human anatomy will further increase the application of 3D mapping and modeling in the healthcare industry.
The 3D modeling methods include polygonal modeling, splines, patches, primitive modeling, and Non-uniform rational basis spline (NURBS) modeling. The 3D mapping and modeling are used in various applications across industries like aerospace and defense, healthcare, media and entertainment, constructive, automotive, manufacturing, and others. The increasing construction of smart cities in developing countries will require 3D scanners with intelligent data models and data integration tools to model and design cities efficiently. This will further grow the ICT industry.
The North America region is expected to have a significant amount of share in the 3D mapping and modeling market. This is due to the presence of a large number of global players and due to the early adoption of technology for various applications by different end-user industries. The increase in investment in research and development in the 3D mapping and modeling market will further increase the demand. The increase in spending on infrastructure is boosting more money into the economy, thus creating more demand for customer services and goods, which eventually increases investment in capacity increases of manufacturing facilities, retail establishments, and office space. The increasing market for building information modeling (BIM) will further increase the market for 3D mapping and modeling.
The European region to witness considerable growth in the forecast period due to the booming automotive industry which requires advanced technology in assembly lines and the prototype. The Asia Pacific region is expected to have the fastest growth during the forecast period. The increasing urbanization and industrialization in the developing countries especially in India and China will majorly drive the demand for 3D mapping and modeling technology.
The 3D mapping and modeling are segmented on the basis of type and end-user industry. The segmentation by type is 3D Mapping and 3D Modeling. The segmentation on the basis of the end-user industry is by aerospace and defense, healthcare, media and entertainment, construction, automotive, manufacturing, and others. The construction industry is expected to be the dominating market in the usage of 3D mapping and modeling technology. This is due to the rise in the use of 3D maps and models for visualizing construction models and sites before initiating the construction process. The technology helps computer-generated buildings to be created along with landscapes.
The 3D mapping and modeling techniques save time and help in getting a succinct view of the project, landscape, or construction sites. This will help in seeing the final output to be constructed in terms of length, breadth, and height using the 3D technology, and with realistic 3D virtualization, simulations with extensive details of the building can be observed to measure its feasibility. The growing artificial intelligence for augmented reality and the use of VFX technology for improving gaming by using 3D is also to increase the usage of 3D mapping and modeling. The use of 3D mapping and modeling in animation movies is increasing the need for 3D modeling as it helps artists and animators to develop detailed models of objects like characters, landscapes, buildings, and many more to be used in an animated film.
The 3D mapping and modeling in construction even help in finding potential loopholes and flaws in the building and saves investments, time, and human lives. The use of CAD and 3D modeling techniques are saving time and helping to get a succinct view of the project, landscape, or construction site. The increasing development of smart cities will require 3D scanners with intelligent data models and data integration tools to model and design these cities efficiently. This is increasing the 3D mapping and modeling market size.
The 3D mapping and modeling have a significant amount of market share in the automotive industry as the future factories are expected to be composed of several industrial-sized printers. The increase in demand for driverless cars has raised the market for different kinds of sensors, including cameras, lidar, and radar. The requirement of 3D maps is rising as driverless cars need highly detailed 3D maps of the roads for navigating properly. This has increased the research and development in 3D technology by the automotive industry which will further propel the market of 3D mapping and modeling. The 3D mapping and modeling market is projected to witness the growth at a CAGR of 24.78% during the forecast period to reach a total of US$26.765 billion by 2025, increasing from US$7.091 billion in 2019.
Here are some keys investments and new launch in 3D mapping and modeling market: -
- February 2020: - Maxon, the developers of professional 3D software solutions and Red Giant creators of unique tools of editors, VFX artists, and motion designers, completed the financial and regulatory agreements required to complete the merger. The two companies have officially completed their merger.
- February 2020: - Autodesk and STRABAG signed a letter of intent to strengthen cooperation. The software company and the construction service provider aim to drive digitization within the construction industry in Europe.
- August 2019: - Foundry announced its partnership with ACCESS. The VFX to lead diversity drive in the visual effects, animation, and gaming industries.
- June 2019: - Foundry partners with Swatchbook to deliver innovative software and workflow solutions. This will help users in managing their digital materials and supporting assets with direct access through Foundry’s design solutions.
- April 2019: - Maxon acquired Redshift Rendering Technologies, a developer of the redshift rendering engine. Redshift is the world’s first, fully GPU-accelerated, biased renderer built to meet the specific demands of contemporary high-end production rendering. This will help Maxon in improving the productivity of creative professionals.
- March 2019: - Maxon had announced its next-generation CINEBENCH release 20 (Cinebench R20) a modernized version of its industry-standard, a cross-platform tool to benchmark computer hardware capabilities.
- December 2018: - Foundry and J Cube Inc. announced its new technology agreement for transferring specific technologies. This will help in providing the best of technologies to the user for enhancing their experience.
- Orbit GT announced the launch of version 19.10 of 3D Mapping Cloud. This will include the marketplace for selling valuable 3D content, projects to organize work, guest users with login requirements, play function for street-level, and many more.
Knowledge Sourcing Intelligence is a market research and consulting firm based out of India. Steered by some of the industry experts, the company provides syndicated reports, custom research, and consulting services.