Handcrafted authentic full and top grain leather that lasts a lifetime
Posted: Apr 28, 2020
By all means, Authentic Leather is much more expensive than so-called genuine leather or pleather, however, with meticulous effort, you can find a great buy at a much more affordable price. And If what you want is a leather bag that will last many years and quite literally may last a lifetime, make certain you are obtaining an Authentic leather Bag, Below is a helpful guide to making the best choice.
- Authentic Full Grain LeatherFull-grain leather originates from the top layer of the hide. It includes the entire grain with it, consequently named full-grain leather. This type of leather preserves the inherent toughness, as well as the imperfections because there are never surface alterations or splitting.
It is the highest quality of leather and the only one fitting for handcrafting saddleback leather and saddleback leather will literally last forever, Hence it is also the most expensive. Working with this type of leather material is challenging. It absorbs oils and develops a patina over time, And it is a characteristic that contributes to and makes it extremely popular.•
Top Grain Leather
Top grain leather is second to full-grain leather. Ordinarily, to obtain top grain leather, the top layer of skin that is blemished is split and The outside is sanded to rid the hide of natural imperfections. dying and staining give the leather a beautiful appearance.
Moreover, this makes top grain leather smoother and more flexible than full-grain. Although this sort of leather is strong, very smooth, and durable, It tends to stretch over time. It is also used to produce suede and nubuck leather, Most high-end commodities, such as handbags, messenger bags, and jackets, are composed of top grain leather. (see image below)
- Corrected leather (Bottom Cut/Split) Leather
- Corrected grain or split leather, mostly named genuine leather, is created using the skin layer that remains after the top grain is split off from the corium. Split leather is tougher in texture and the way it feels because it is under the top layers and is essentially used in applications that do not require the leather to be soft. Quite like top grain leather, it is also sanded to eliminate natural imperfections.
Ordinarily, the surface is spray painted and embossed with a leather-like pattern to approximate a natural appearance. However, the processing changes the inherent breathability of authentic leather.•
Bonded Leather (Also claimed to be genuine leather)
Bonded or PU leather is composed of leftovers, dust, and shavings of the hide,
These are bonded collectively using polyurethane, glue, and latex on top of a fiber sheet. It is oftentimes spray painted to resemble full or top grain leather. You can’t determine the amount of natural leather unless the manufacturer chooses to reveal it, which is extremely unlikely. Bonded leather is the lowest, cheapest, and the poorest grade of leather.
Generally, keep Leather out of direct sunlight when storing. Leather fades naturally over time, but sunlight speeds up that process. Clean and dry leather fully before conditioning with natural oils.
- Test all leather oils in a hidden spot if the color change is a concern.
- Bring leather and a leather cleaner/preservative such as Chamberlain's Leather Milk https://leathermilk.com or Leather Honey https://buyleatherhoney.com product to room temperature before applying.
- Do Not Use Your Leather Bag For Purposes for Which It Was Not Intended
- Never saturate the leather with oil.
- Never heat leather to 100 degrees or over.
- Avoid damaging extreme heat
- Avoid the use of Mink Oil on leather.
- Avoid products made with paraffin wax which is petroleum-based.
- Our leather bags do not undergo any chemical treatment. we use vegetable oil that is applied to give more color tone to the dominant brown color of our bags
Each bag has its own charm and character with a natural scent that will assure you it’s authentic full-grain leather. Its light, flexibility, and durability will impress even the most enthusiastic critics
Thank You For Your Interest,
Platinum Leather Emporium
We have created in the desire to assist our customers and also our visitors to our website, Platinum Leather Emporium, To both answer and inform you about our business.
You can contact us using both email and contact form (BLACK TAB) at the right side of the page. You can have any of our leather bags custom handcrafted and select leather color size, inner fabric lining, and color. You can also review our shipping policy shipping rates and expedited delivery cost
Select our menu at the top of the page and view
EMPORIUM FINE LEATHER COLLECTIONS
- Crazy Horse Leather Bags
- Laptop And Camera Bags
- Leather Backpacks
- Canvas Backpack And Travel Bags
- Messenger Bags/Briefcase And Satchels
- Travel & Duffle Bags
- custom Handcrafted Leather Bags
- Handcrafted Custom Orders
- Leather Care
Also if you choose you may view all of our fine and unique leather bags by selecting the all products link at the footer (bottom) of our page and view the quick links that are there such as
All of our bags are Handcrafted from exceptional Full Grain leather, naturally tanned that softens and deepens the color. Hand cut and double stitched for strength and lasting durability. The Bags darken with use and gets softer as it ages leaving it more attractive.
Going for a big business deal? Our custom handcrafted leather bags will surely add a bonus to your personality. Not just the style but they are spacious too for carrying all your necessities required for travel. leisure or business meeting or encounter
The bags are made from the finest 100 % Full-grain cowhide or Genuine Goat leather and lined with a high-quality 100% cotton or canvas, this bag is handcrafted by artisans who have been working with leather most of their lives.
Posts On Information About The Design, Care And Buying Of Authentic Handcrafted Vintage & Contemporary Leather Handbags Backpacks Luggage & Travel