Study in USA after 12th for Indian Students
Posted: May 12, 2020
Students completed 12th who are looking for undergraduate courses in the USA can choose between many colleges, Universities for various courses. In this article, study in USA after 12th, we will look at all about undergraduate education, its requirements, and the process for Indian students to pursue an undergraduate course in the USA.
What is the duration of the Undergraduate course in the USA?
Types of Undergraduate Courses in USA
1. 2 Year Undergraduate Program:
2. 4 Year Undergraduate Program:
2 Year Undergraduate Program:
This program is offered by Junior and community colleges.The degrees will be awarded as Associate of Arts or Associate of Science.The credit hours of study will be 60 hours.This lays the platform for 4 years Undergraduate program.The average annual tuition fee will be $8500.
4 Year Undergraduate Program:
This program is offered by state colleges and Universities. The degree will be offered as Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science. The credit hours of study will be 120 hours. This lays the platform for Specialized master degrees or jobs. The average tuition fee will be $33500.
Requirements to study an undergraduate course in the USA?
The key requirements to study in the USA after 12th:
- Academic records ( Higher secondary reports and transcripts of final exams)
- Standardized tests ( IELTS, TOEFL )
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Financial documents
- Visa documents.
- Interviews ( If Applicable)
Study in USA after 12th without IELTS::
Many Indian students choose the USA for their higher education but the major problem students undergo is IELTS exams. Yeah, Band score 6.5 is needed for entry requirements for most of the universities but there are some US Universities that still accept students who are from English speaking countries, and students completed their higher secondary education with English as their medium of instruction.
10 popular UG programs Indian students::
The most common major programs for the Indian students to study in the USA after 12th are listed below:
- Intensive English.
- Computer Science.
- Fine and applied Arts.
- Social Sciences.
What is the Average cost of Study in the USA?
The average cost of Pursuing a 4 year undergraduate degree in public Universities will be $25,000 and in the private Universities it will be $35,000.Based on the Universities and the colleges these costs may change so it’s always best to check the university websites.
Study in USA after 12th – Part-time Work Opportunities:
Part-time work opportunities are available with certain regulations. Students are allowed to work 20 hours per week and during holidays they are allowed to work 40 hours per week. This is applicable to the students who are under F1 Visa.
How to get a scholarship to study in USA after 12th?
There are scholarships options open for undergraduate students in the USA. Most of the universities that offer scholarship assistance to international students based on merit.The amount varies based on the courses, level of study and University. It is important that students need to understand that scholarship assistance is rarely based on need.
Benefits of Study in USA for Indian students::
US is known for its quality education and Top ranking Universities.Some of the advantages are as follows:
- Students have plenty of University options to upgrade your education.
- Students can find a wide range of programs and innovative subjects.
- Students can experience interesting cultures and you will have amazing experiences.
- Explore different lifestyles, interact with different types of people and make friends from different countries.
- Students can improve your English Skills.
- Students get exposure to new and modern technology.
How to Get a Student Visa for the USA?
- Get your offer letter from the University you applied for.
- Download Form I-20 and fill the following.
- Pay the I-901 SEVIS fee through online.
- Complete Non immigrant visa application – Form DS-160 Online.
- Once you have submitted Form DS-160, you can book your visa interview.
- Pay your visa application fee through online.
- Attend the interview on a scheduled date.
- Receive your visa in the estimated time.
There is more about studying in the USA besides your education and part-time jobs. UNIK understands the students’ situation and we are here to help you with all your needs. Pay zero and get our extra services like booking flight tickets, health insurance, currency exchange, and more.Contact Info
B-4, 1st Floor, PARSN Complex,
Kodambakkam High Road,
Nungambakkam, Chennai – 600 006.
+(044) 4204 1414
Study Abroad Education Consultant