How to change Spectrum wifi password?
Posted: May 17, 2020
Changing your Spectrum WiFi password is quite an easy task to do, you can do that by using a standard web browser or phone browser. If your device is connected to the internet with the wifi network, you can change the password of wifi easily. All you need to do is to connect to your home network.
Spectrum Internet customers are required to use an authorized modem to connect to the Spectrum network. For a monthly fee, Spectrum will provide a pre-configured WiFi router. Customers may also choose to use or purchase their own router. Learn more about in-home WiFi and routers.
There are two other ways to change your network name and password
For Android devices, tap the menu the icon in the upper-left corner of the screen, then tap the Internet. Tap the Wireless Gateway. Select "Change WiFi Settings." Enter your new network name and password.
Just in case, if you are not sure of the current password, you can use the Ethernet cable in order to connect your device to your network. Moreover, if you are wondering how to change the Spectrum wifi password, in such a case, you need to perform the given steps:
- First of all, open the web browser on your device.
- Then you need to navigate to http://192.168.0.1 on your browser.
- Once you reach there, you will be required to enter the username and password to log in to your account.
- Further, you should choose the Edit the WiFi Network section.
- Thereafter, you should find the Wireless Network, GAteway Name, or SSID and you have to create a new password in the WPA key.
- This is it, Spectrum wifi password the change process is completed.
How to Create a Strong Spectrum WiFi Password?
Before you perform the Spectrum change wifi password process, you should know that you need to create a strong password for your account. And to generate a strong password, you can follow the given guideline:
- When you create a password, it should have at least 12 characters to make it stronger and hard to guess, a longer password is a good option to keep data safe.
- You should include symbols, numbers, capital letters, and lower-case letters when you create a password. It makes it difficult to crack the password for a person who doesn't know the password.
- Also, you should avoid the dictionary words or combination of dictionary words, when you make a password with obvious words, you should form a combination of letters not a word.
- Don't use the obvious substitutions like if you use "House" as your password and substitute "H0use", this is not going to work. Create your own combination of characters and build a strong password.
So, this above information about the Change or reset Spectrum Wifi router password. By following the above information Spectrum user can recover the password of the Wifi router easily.
And This is how you can create a strong password for your Spectrum WiFi. Moreover, the Spectrum change wifi password process will be completed without any hassle. And when you see some issue while changing the password, you can contact the Spectrum WiFi support team to get assistance.
We at Number For Help, providing you the best possible information about the technology, IT, new trends, software, hardware, printers, browsers, and Airlines.