What will be the career after Future of Foreign Trade Management?
Posted: May 30, 2020
Globalization has transformed the business scenario completely in India. Foreign trade in India has extensively grown, naturally attracting lots & lots of MNCs to set up businesses apart from a lot of Indian companies going abroad for joint ventures.
There’s a growing requirement of personnel skilled in international trade. A career in international business has thus become a gainful option offering global job opportunities for those pursuing courses in international business & foreign trade.
iis university is the Best deemed university Jaipur where you can pursue your career in Foreign Trade Management.
Eligibility Criteria of Foreign Trade Management…
- Universities in India mostly provide courses in International Business & Foreign Trade at the PG level, but some universities like the IIS University in Jaipur offers Bachelor of International Business & Finance (BIBF) which is a UG course.
- The eligibility for UG courses in International Business & Foreign Trade is 10+2 with 50 % marks. For the Masters in International Business & Foreign Trade, the applicant must be a graduate, preferably in commerce stream.
- Selection of students is done via an entrance examination, but some institutes conduct their own tests, group discussion, and a PI for choosing the correct candidate.
Foreign Trade Skills & Attributes
Leadership skills and excellent communication along with the ability to handle pressure & meeting deadlines are important to pursue a career in foreign trade.
Foreign Trade Job Prospects
International trade-in India is rambling along with the fast-growing Indian economy. Job opportunities are unlimited with the rising demand for professionals in International Business & Foreign Trade. Job openings are available in export units, international departments of MNCs at various levels. For those who want to set up an import or export business, a degree in International Business & Foreign Trade would be extremely beneficial for them.
For those wanting to secure govt. jobs, regulatory bodies such as STC & the MMTC offer good employment opportunities.
Foreign Trade Salary
Over the last few years, a career in Foreign Trade has become quite rewarding. Starting with a salary of Rs.8000-Rs.10000 for a trainee, one can command a much higher salary as per the qualification & experience. Pvt. Companies & MNCs normally pay higher.
Foreign Trade Institutes/Universities
- IIS University
Address: Gurukul Marg, SFS, Mansarovar, Jaipur
Tel. No.: +91-141-2400160-61, 2397906, 2397907
- National Institute of Export Management
Address: AG, Anandraj Villa, 7, Second Canal Cross Road, Gandhinagar, Adyar, Chennai
Phone: 044- 24401521, 044- 24422438
- Indian Institute of Materials Management
Address: Plot No. 102 & 104, Sector No. - 15, Institutional Area CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai
Phone: (022) 2756 5741 (D) 2757 1022
Fax: 2756 5592
- Indian Institute of International Business
Address: No: 21, Kumaran Nagar Main Road, Anna Nagar East, Chennai.
Phone: 9444837393, 444755051, 09387614866
- Indian Institute of Commerce and Trade
Address: Sapt-Rishi, 5/28 Vikas Nagar Lucknow
Phone: +91-522-2766456, 0522-6545285, 9415101772
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi
Address: B-21IIFT Bhawan, Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi
Phone: +91-11-26965124, 91-11-26965051
- Indian Institute of Packaging, Mumbai
Address: E-2 MIDC Area, Andheri East
Post Box No. 9432, Mumbai – 400093
Phone: 91-022-28219803 / 28219469 / 28216751, 28254631
Fax: 28375302, 28328178
IIS is a leading deemed university where we help you value the better things in life, while upholding the spirit of inspiration, innovation and synergy.