How can project managers interview their candidates?
Posted: Jun 29, 2020
Do you want to become a project manager who knows everything and can easily solve complicated problems? Your answer would be definitely yes as these are the things which will take you to your success path. In order to do it nowadays, people opt for the CAPM Course certification and take its full advantage.
Though it is not necessary for anyone to opt for certification it gives a certain value. Now being a project manager, you cannot focus on a single thing as it is one of the negative characters. In other words, a single thing is just depending on the project works and not focusing on any other organizational activities.
Try to avoid doing this thing and see how things are changing around you. So now we will talk about taking interviews with the project managers. If you think that project managers have a lot of work to do rather than taking interviews, then just erase this thought. Now everything is changing, and to survive in this business market, you need to shuffle your roles with the other person.
But before conducting an interview, you have to know the process of it. It means that you have to know how to interview your candidates.
- Ask them about various projects- The first thing is to ask your candidates about various projects and know the ways how they can handle them. Remember this thing that a candidate who you are hiring has to be thorough with every project. They cannot run away from any complicated projects and has to face them with special courage. You will see that the faculties of PMP Course Toronto also give this advice to every project manager.
- Brief knowledge about project management- This is a very important question that you have to ask every candidate. Today many experienced candidates do not know anything about the field of project management. So if you hire any person like that, then it will be serious trouble for you and your company.
- Ask them about handling the complicated situation- There will be a lot of complicated situations in between the project, and everyone has to handle them smoothly. Those who are not capable of handling these situations then they do not deserve to be a project manager. Ask any candidate what they will do if they get a lot of complicated situations. If they give a smart answer to it, then you can easily hire them. But if they give an unspecified answer, do not think them even by mistake.
- What are their future objectives- You will get this thing in their resumes, but still you ask this thing. It will prove to you how a candidate is serious about his/her career. But if you find that the objectives are vague and do not have any reality, then just ignore. A person can only be an asset to the organization when his/her future objectives are realistic.
- How can they come out with quality results- Last but not least is to know how your candidates can come up with some quality results. You know that project management is all about quality, and you need a candidate with better qualities. It does not matter whether you ask the aforementioned questions or not but never forget to ask this question.
Therefore, these are the main questions which a project manager can ask their candidates while interviewing them.
Richard Pierce An expert in Pmi and Iiba Certifications.