Build your E-commerce Brand with a Successful Blog
Posted: Jul 18, 2020
Whether you are a giant e-commerce portal selling several different products on your website or you are a small business owner who is focused on local markets, your goal is getting more share of the customer’s wallet.
And, in order to encourage your customers to buy more products, you need to start blogging now. Confused?
Did you know a Hubspot.com survey revealed that marketers who focused on blogging saw thirteen times ROI in comparison to businesses who don’t prioritize their blogs.
Another report from Demandmetric.com divulged that sixty percent people are inspired to seek out a product after reading content about it.
The statistics bring to light one important conclusion: Blogging can prove to be a robust marketing tool for increased profitability and better growth.
Three Essential Strategies for a Successful Blog
Take a look at the following three strategies essential for creating a successful blog and thus, a successful e-commerce busines.
To Solve; and then to Sell (Eventually)
People are not buying products; they are seeking solutions to their problems. Your blog should be an avenue for visitors to find answers to their problems. If you do it effectively, without focusing on the sole objective of increasing sales, it will build confidence in your brand. It will lead to trust-building in not only what you say, but also what you sell.
Example: If you own an online wine store, you can blog about the origin of wine, wine-making process, food and wine pairing basics, gifting ideas, etc. Including general interest topics along with engaging product posts will set you apart from the drone of over-hyped sales pitches of your competitors. It will allow your customers to seek solutions and they will keep coming back to find more answers; thus, increasing sales eventually.
Listening to the Latent Needs
When a customer has an existing need, he takes action to satisfy it. With webstore search functionalities and navigation features, he will find the exact product required to satisfy his need. But, what about the latent needs of the customer? By tapping into the hidden, secret needs of your audience, you will be able to expand your customer-base and sell more products.
In such a situation where the customer won’t go browsing through your website, how to engage him and increase your chances of generating more sales? Create unique, useful blogs that attract visitors to the e-commerce store. Increase the list of subscribers, cover a wide-array of topics, pay attention to trends and do not simply focus on selling products in every blog post.
SEO never goes out of Style
Remember Google craves for SEO-rich content and your product pages may not always be unique, especially when there are little to no chances of adding content to the product pages. In such a situation, you can publish unique content regularly with the help of blogs. Remember you are on the internet and your visibility is dictated by the current SEO standards.
A good blog with well-research keywords will boost your search-engine rankings. Choose keywords that your audience is most likely to use and offer an educational insight on your blog.
You need to optimize your blog by not only focusing on the main content but the meta text as well. Use keyword-rich meta title, meta description, meta tags, and headings.
Include links to relevant topics, use alt tag for all the images and write your blog in a simple, lucid language. The simpler the blog to understand for your audience as well as the search-engine crawler, the better are your chances of getting a higher ranking.
Important Blog Features for your E-commerce Store
Now, that we have discussed the key strategies for blogging, let’s understand what features are essential for your blog to make it more engaging and SEO-friendly.
1. The Blog Home Page
Starting right at the beginning, the very foundation of your blog is the home page. It is much more than just a chronological display of your blog posts.
- Choose a responsive design so that the blog is accessible on all devices and platforms.
- Create SEO-friendly URLs and meta tags for improved SERP.
- Include a value statement on the blog home page to differentiate yourself from competitors.
- Choose grid or list view depending on your website design.
- Include popular posts as well as recent posts on the blog home page.
- Pin the most popular blog posts at the top.
- Offer social media sharing options.
- Add a search tab for enhanced customer experience.
- Provide easy navigation in the form of multi-level categories.
- Display for an email opt-in so that customers can subscribe to your blog and get regular updates.
- Show gallery images for blog posts to add to the attractiveness of the blog.
- Ability to publish RSS feeds and integration with XML sitemap.
2. Blog Post Detail Page
Once you have sorted out the blog home page, it is time to focus on individual post page. Let’s learn how to make it work hard for your e-commerce store.
- Choose an easy-to-comprehend design.
- The page should have a post title, date of publishing, along with author info.
- Ability to display main blog post image, categories, and tags on the page.
- Upload/embed pictures and multi-media to create attractive posts.
- Comprehensive comment section to engage more customers.
- Social media integration to increase the chances of producing viral content.
Other essential features for your blog include:
- Ability to create blog widgets for any page.
- Display related posts on products pages for more visibility.
- Show popular posts on the Home page.
- Ability to import blog information from other platforms such as WordPress.
Choose a Blog Extension to make your Job Simpler!
Thinking about new content for your blog and engaging your audience is a big task. Why complicate it with building a blog from scratch? Being a Magento store owner, you need not rely on other platforms for managing your blog. Instead, choose the smarter way out. Opt for a Magento blog extension to create a blog, choose categories and upload posts easily.
By integrating a blog extension with your Magento store, you will be able to manage your store and blog from one place. There is no need to log in to third-party framework for managing your blogs. It will make your job simpler and offer you peace of mind.
All the Best for your E-commerce Store!
Are you ready to buy the Magento blog extension to enhance your blogging experience and add more value to the lives of your customers? Create unique, engaging blogs posts without any need for third-party framework and manage your blog easily. If you are looking for custom Magento extension development, choose a certified developer to deliver the exact extension you need.
I am a specialist in Magento extension development. I have helped several store-owners in achieving their business goals with custom Magento extensions and plugins. Connect with me to know more about incredible Magento modules that will take your bus