How To Choose The Best CBSE School For Your Child
Posted: Jul 18, 2020
What is CBSE Board?
The Central Board of Secondary Education is the most preferred Education Board in India, oversaw by the Union Government of India. The Board was reconstituted on 3 Nov 1962, and from that point forward it has seen a quick development and advancement at the degree of Secondary Education. There are 18006 Schools in India partnered to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). It Includes 2635 Government schools, 1113 Kendriya Vidyalaya, 587 Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, 13657 autonomous schools, and 14 Tibetan Schools.
The board means to convey a vigorous and comprehensive school instruction that centers around greatness. All the CBSE Affiliated Schools follow either Hindi or English as the mode of guidance. The board arranges tests for classes 10 and 12 consistently in the period of March. The administrative center of CBSE is arranged in Delhi. It has eight local workplaces in the nation – Delhi, Dehradun, Guwahati, Panchkula, Ajmer, Chennai, Patna, Allahabad, Thiruvananthapuram, and Bhubaneswar so as to execute the capacities appropriately.
How to choose a school for your child
For parents, the task of choosing the best CBSE school for their child is very important and challenging. Since it is a decision that will affect their child's future, parents have to consider several factors. From the school’s location to its faculty, parents weigh all the pros and cons before deciding which would be the best CBSE school for their child.
But, as a parent, how would you know if a CBSE school will nurture your child’s talents and skills? How can you be sure that attending the school will be an enriching experience for your child?
In this article, we will discuss the various factors and reasons which make it the favorite among students and their parents.
More than ever before, parents are now keen to provide their children with quality education. But, for this to happen, you should know how to choose a good school for your child. Here are a few tips on what to pay attention to, to find the best CBSE schools near me or CBSE affiliated school for your child:
Good reputation for academics: This is a must-have for any school to be considered good. The academic track record of the school and the awards it has won for excellence determine if a school would feature among the top 10 CBSE schools in your city.
Theoretical and practical experience: The top CBSE schools do not focus only on academics. They provide opportunities for various activities and field trips, both of which are essential for the development of a student.
State-of-the-art facilities: The infrastructure provided by the school plays a very important role in the development of a child’s skills. A good CBSE school focuses on providing the best facilities to its students to create a rich learning environment.
Avenues for overall development: A good CBSE school will invest time and effort in the overall development of its students by encouraging extracurricular activities and competitions.
Nominal fees structure: While a good CBSE school focuses on quality education and development of the child, the fee charged is nominal. As a parent, you need to understand that your child should get more than your money's worth.
While trying to choose a school for your child, you should also try to understand if your child will:
Enjoy the learning process: Learning continues even after school. And, one of the goals of a good CBSE school is to inculcate the love for learning in a child. If the school can instill a love for learning, you can be sure that your child would be on the path to success.
Learn to respect his teachers: After parents, teachers are the greatest role models for a child. In fact, teachers play a critical role in shaping a child’s personality. A good CBSE school has teachers who inspire children to learn and become good individuals, thus earning their respect.
Feel challenged and strive to do better: You know you’ve chosen the right CBSE school if your child feels challenged to do better. The institution instills this feeling in your child through interesting activities and competitions. It is important for a child to strive to get better with the passing of each academic year.
Get opportunities to develop non-academic skills: An ideal CBSE school would provide its students with opportunities to enhance their non-academic skills. Activities like singing, painting, and sports help in the overall development of a child.
Advantages of CBSE curriculum
There are quite a few reasons why admitting your child to a CBSE school would be of benefit. Here are a few advantages of CBSE over other boards:
- The CBSE curriculum is more student-friendly than other boards. The course structure promotes interactive learning, which ensures that students feel interested instead of feeling overburdened. The textbooks have activities that help in playful learning and fostering creativity. All these make the process of knowledge transfer to students easy and highly effective.
- The exam pattern in CBSE is so designed that students have to thoroughly understand the concepts to answer the questions. There leaves no room for rote learning or mugging up of answers. The questions test the in-depth knowledge of the students and provide them the opportunity to express what they have learned, in their own way.
- The preliminary or entrance exams for most professional courses in India are largely based on the CBSE curriculum. So, for students of CBSE, it is easier to crack exams like NEET, JEE, CTET, and NET.
- In addition to imparting knowledge through innovative methodologies, the CBSE curriculum also lays emphasis on physical and mental development. So, sports and other physical activities are encouraged. Moreover, the curriculum also promotes a sense of patriotism and humanity in students.
A 10-point checklist for parents
Here is a 10-point checklist for parents to understand which CBSE school would be the right choice for your child:
- Does the school have an updated website?
- Does the school have infrastructure that complies with the CBSE stipulations of providing students spacious rooms, broad corridors, a large playground, and so on?
- Does the school have well-stocked labs (including language lab) and a library?
- Does the school have teachers who are well-qualified and experienced?
- Does the school have sports and co-scholastic achievements to its credit?
- Does the school focus on life-skills, leadership skills, and communication skills?
- Is the school dedicated to sculpting well-rounded personalities?
- Does the school have teaching-learning equipment in keeping with the latest trends?
- Does the school encourage heuristic learning — that is, it aids learning through self-discovery?
- Does the school believe in learning that is student-centric, where the teacher plays the role of a facilitator than an instructor?
To sum up, you would be making the right choice by deciding to enroll your child in a CBSE school. However, you have to be careful in choosing a school to ensure it suits your child’s needs. For, this would go a long way in helping your child grow up to be a happy, confident, and successful individual. So, along with the reputation of the school, also take into consideration your child's skills and aptitude to make sure that she has wonderful schooling!