Top of the Line Web Frameworks to Consider for Building Sparkling Websites
Posted: Sep 26, 2020
The days are gone when implementing a static website was enough to get the desired outcome. With the advent of web frameworks and APIs, the development of websites or online applications has become a lot easier and more advanced. It has become an integral part of web development to bring something innovative and set a benchmark for businesses.Do you know?
- 13.68% of websites across the world are using the ASP.NET framework.
- Ruby on Rails web framework is being used by approximately 63,384 (6.34%) websites out of the top 1 million websites evaluated.
- Based on the survey conducted by GitHub and StackOverflow, React, ASP.NET, Angular, Ruby on Rails, and Angular JS web frameworks came out as the top 5 most popular web frameworks based on the scores.
The above statistics prove that almost every developer, whether associated with ASP.NET development, Laravel Development, jQuery development, or Ruby on Rails development, prefers to use frameworks and development tools to make their work easy and deliver faster. There are approximately 195+ web frameworks available.
Since there are plenty of web frameworks available in the market, it has become a daunting task for the developers to get the right one. And therefore, we have analyzed a couple of surveys and researches conducted to find out which frameworks are the most popular among the developers these days. In this blog post, we are going to discuss the top 10 web frameworks that are in demand in 2020 and most preferred by web developers.
- HTML compatible
- Virtual DOM programming support
- Updates consistently
- SEO friendly
- Lack of support for the isomorphic approach
- A huge library creates difficulties for the developers
- Requires thorough knowledge of integration
- Tedious manuals
It is a TypeScript-based open-source framework extensively popular for developing mobile and conventional web applications with the help of TypeScript and other languages. With the growing popularity of mobile-friendly applications, Angular development has gained a lot of attention recently.
- MVC architecture
- Enhanced design architecture
- Better tooling, clean code, and high scalability
- Lack of SEO compatibility
- Verbose and complex
- Ruby on Rails
Known for its impeccable support for MVC, Ruby on Rails is one of the most reliable web frameworks making web development easy and faster. Since it is allowing developers to write very less code as compared to any other frameworks, Ruby on Rails development is in demand these days.
- Ease of use
- More tools, more features
- Free of cost
- Great for test automation
- Slow runtime
- Performance hiccups
- Lack of support for multithreading
- Lack of proper documentation
AngularJS is one of the most structural web frameworks used extensively by the developers to build dynamic applications. It is easy to write client-server applications and utilize HTML, which makes Angular.js development more extensible and flexible to work with other libraries as well.
- Out-of-the-box support for MVC
- Ease of testing
- Ease of customization
- Lesser code
- Complex to learn for the beginners
- Difficult to debug code
- Restrictions in terms of routers
As compared to other web frameworks, this is one of the latest additions. Vue.js is a progressive framework, which makes vue.js development quite popular among the developers due to the ease of picking up the core library and integrating with other libraries.
- Compact in size
- Ease of learning and creating the application
- Code flexibility
- Compatibility with TypeScript
- Poor community support
- Hard to deal with larger projects
- Language barriers since codes are written in Chinese
Django is a Python development framework, which is popular among the developers willing to work on the DRY (Don’t Repeat Yourself) approach. Due to its capability to help developers utilize their existing code and helping them become more productive, it is very much popular among the developers.
- Highly scalable and customizable
- Boost rapid development
- Robust community support
- Model-View-Template support
- Monolithic structure
- Detailed knowledge required
- ORM creates hurdles for the developers
Written in PHP, Laravel is most sort-out frameworks enabling developers to build beautiful websites without sacrificing the core functionalities. With the help of a routing engine, powerful dependency injection container, real-time event broadcasting, and other feature, Laravel development is the most preferred among the developers.
- Capability to reuse code
- Capable to handle large website applications
- Benefits from blade template engine
- Performance issues
- Not suitable for eCommerce sites
- Lack of support for proper functionalities
Sprint is a well-known java framework for developing web applications. It is extensively used by the developers to write backend applications in Java as well as creating fast, simple, and flexible Java-based applications.
- Ease of using POJO
- Ease of testing
- Flexibility in terms of configurations
- No need to use a web app or server
- An extensive list of classes and tools
- Lack of clear guidelines
- Complicated to use
ASP.NET is one of the oldest web frameworks available to help developers build web applications and services with the help of.NET and C#. It comprises of three different frameworks, i.e. Web Forms, ASP.NET MVC, and ASP.NET Web Pages. ASP.NET development can help developers with native mobile apps, responsive websites, and more.
- Less coding for larger applications
- Most secured
- Ease of maintenance
- Ease of maintaining and writing source code
- Costs more as compared to other frameworks
- Difficult to customize
- Restrictions in data access for sliver light
Due to the immense popularity of Node.js, Express has quickly become one of the most popular frameworks among the developers. Be it Accenture, IBM, or Uber, all are using Express for their business applications. Moreover, it is easily compatible with other frameworks like Sails, Loopback, and Kraken.
- Easily compatible with HTTP methods
- Ease of creating robust APIs
- High performance
- Tedious code structure
- Lack of middleware
- Lack of library
Choosing the right kind of web framework is not a kid’s toy; it requires a lot more detailing in terms of application use case, technology stack being used, and so on. Hopefully, the web frameworks discussed in this post may help you simplify your choice! Want to get help for your vue.js development or ASP.NET development? Get in touch with our experts to know how we use the web frameworks effectively to build your dream application…
Eco York provides software development, Web Development, Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Optimization and Software Development to small and medium-sized businesses.