Laminated wood flooring for Protection and Beautification
Posted: Sep 05, 2014
With the invention of laminated flooring, the world of floor has been covered with a storm. Its versatility, ease of maintenance and affordability makes it a superb material for some people. Despite this, it has a few drawbacks, and hence; we need to take a look at its pros and cons in detail while choosing it as a material for our home or commercial space.
Why laminate wood flooring?
- Versatility: Presently laminated flooring can give a new and attractive look to the natural hardwood materials. The printing process adds a natural look and appearance to the stones on the flooring. They are even able to produce different surface textures with the help of laminated flooring.
- Convenience in packaging: Natural hardwood flooring is easily available in planks that are about 8 to 10 feet in length, and often exceeds where laminated planks, that stimulate the hardwood, are available in 4-foot strips. These can be found in tiles in different sizes.
- Cleaning: The wear layer protects the material of the laminated floor from different strains, making its cleaning and maintenance comparatively easier. Regular sweeping and vacuuming the floor is the only requirement that helps to remove the dirt and dust that prevent the floor from getting eroded quickly.
- Installation: The installation of a laminate is the easiest thing to do, and you can do it yourself. This innovation has made the work much simpler as use of adhesive is not required. You just have to roll the sheet in underlying material and then snap the planks or tiles. An entire room can be completed within just two days.
- Goes Anywhere: Laminate flooring is compatible and goes with any other old flooring. Moisture barrier and water prevention measures need to be taken. The hassles of the removal of old flooring for installing of new flooring can be avoided easily.
- The Elements: The elements that are used to laminate flooring are resistant to outdoor agents which can fade the color of the floor. It also protects from fading by the ultra-violet rays.
However, when you are planning to install the laminated wood flooring, keep in mind that the lifespan of the floor depends on the thickness of the layer. Hence, do not forget to ask the suppliers about this. Select the best and get that new look for your room or office!
London Flooring Supplies Ltd. is the best flooring supplier based in London offers wide range of Oak Wood Flooring, Real Wood Flooring, Flooring Accessories etc.