How to choose the right school bag?
Posted: Nov 05, 2020
All school-going children love their backpacks. They love to flaunt their styles and treat them as their constant companions. After all, they carry all the essentials through their entire school year- notebooks, stationery, tiffin boxes, etc. People want fancy bags, but often ignore the quality and fit of the bags. According to a study, 60 per cent of children carry a school bag that is too heavy in proportion to their body weight, and they do not have it properly, causing many health issues. Thus, it becomes essential to invest in the right school bag.
To buy kids school bag, parents need to understand the need of their children. They must follow some guidelines to purchase a bag that suits their requirements. Following are some tips to do so:
- Make a list: Make a list of the items that the child would carry. If there are no lockers at school, and there is a need to take bulky items regularly, buy a spacious and bigger school backpack that will distribute weight evenly. If they require a laptop, look for a specific laptop compartment in the bag.
- Avoid crossbody bags: Crossbody bags may look very stylish and are comfortable while riding a bike but put too much pressure on one shoulder and can cause injuries on the upper body. Never hang them off one shoulder.
- Decide the colour and design: Many children prefer buying bags with colourful designs and styles that match their uniforms. Neutral and plain bags are available with keychains, stamps, etc., as some of the attractive options.
- Check the fabric: The fabric of the bag will decide how heavy it feels, its breathability, ease of cleaning and durability. Synthetic materials like nylon, polyester, PU are the most widely used as they are long-lasting. They are also water-resistant and easier to dry during the rains.
- Check number and type of compartments: Look at the number of containers a bag has while shopping for school bags online. Small spaces are great for storing personal items like mobile, stationery, etc. Many of them also have dedicated laptop compartments and mesh water bottle holders.
- Examine the quality of zippers: Look for zippers that are double-headed for easy access. They should also be heavy-duty and water-resistant.
- Check the fit: Try wearing the bag before purchase. Make sure it helps maintain a proper posture and fits comfortably. Adjust the straps. The bag should enable free movement.
It should sit at the centre of the back. The bottom should not sit beyond 10cm below the waistline. Measure the pockets to check whether it is sufficient to fit laptops, folders, notebooks, etc.
Nowadays, many toy companies and websites are selling science toys which help the child develop motor and memory skills. They are available for toddlers and teens. They encourage kids to explore a wide range of sciences, including chemistry, geology, physics, astronomy, biology, and more. Best of all, these all-in-one science kits come with everything kids need to start playing and learning without having to seek out for extra supplies. The toys include building blocks, talking microscopes, patient and doctor playsets, anatomy playsets and lots more.
I am Writer and general lifestyle blogger. I also love to write for kids, kids entertainment and kinds learning.