Types Of Box Strapping Machines
Posted: Sep 10, 2014
The selection of the right Strapping Machine for your application is very crucial. You may produce a product that is fitting perfectly on the quality standards, but with wrong selection of the strapping machine, you can bring about delay in the delivery of the products. If your products are not packaged on time, their delivery will get affected bringing in dissatisfaction amongst the customers. The Strapping Machines fall into three categories which are semi-automated machines, arch machines and fully automated machines. The types of the Box Strapping machines are explained in detail below:
Types Of Box Strapping Machines:
- Semi-Automatic Machines - Also, known as ‘tabletop machines’, they are entry level strapping machines suited for low volume applications. They are relatively cheap and depending upon the features and brands, they can be versatile too. They can be used for primary strapping and offline or back-up strapping.
- Arch Machines - They are more automated than the semi-automatic machine and require an operator to start the strapping operation. The strapping cycle is automatically activated but the operator is still required to position the packaging boxes for strapping and removing them after the strapping is completed.
- Fully automated machines - They are quite similar to the arch machines in their operation. They are equipped with a built in conveyor system which carries the product through the strapping machinery. They are activated with the help of an automated device such as photocell. These machines do not require an operator as is required in the semi-automated and the arch machines.
Maintenance Of Strapping Machines:
Just like any machine, the strapping machine requires regular maintenance. The maintenance of the strapping machine will include the preventive maintenance, checking the switches, all the belts, connections and the wear parts. There are three ways in which the operation and the working life of the strapping machine can be maximized:
- Use a good quality strap of consistent width and gauge with minimal curve. Many machines have problem in performing due to the quality and the performance of the strap.
- Keep your strapping machine away from propylene and polyester dust as it can affect the working of the machine. To minimize the impact of the dust on the strapping machines, blow it out using compressed air.
- Keep a stock of the important critical parts of the strapping machines. The repair of the strapping machines is quite simple so stocking the important spare parts of the machine is advisable.
Strapping is a cost effective way of packaging the products. Hence, it is very important get the quality machines from a reputed Box Strapping Machine Manufacturer to ensure a trouble-free performance for extended period of time.
Author is representing this article on the behalf of