How to get EPR Certificate in India?
Posted: Nov 21, 2020
If you’re a manufacturer of electronic products, you have to find a way to dispose of the waste material properly. Electronic wastes are often toxic and can severely harm the environment and people in various ways. Thus, it’s mandatory for you to show that you can take care of your electronic wastes. That brings us to EPR certificate in India.
E Waste Management license or EPR Certificate or Extended Producer Responsibility certificate is a mandatory authorization that all companies of the electronic manufacturing sector require. The term of Extended Producer Responsibility accentuates upon the enhances responsibility of the electronic companies to safely dispose of the electronic wastes.What are the Electronic wastes that need proper disposal?
EPR certificate is issued keeping in mind the safe disposal of the following electronic articles:
- Personal computers
- Mini computers
- Hard disks
- Washing machines
- and other products that entail electronic certificate.
To show that you’re capable of technological waste management and acquire the EPR License, you need to attach the following documents to the application:
- Your address proof
- Legal documents related to manufacturer or exporter. They are as follows:
a. Import Export Code (IE Code)
b. Certificate of incorporation
c. Certificate by Municipal corporations or local bodies
d. Directorate of industries
- Your contact details
- Copy of your PAN card
- Details of the authorized person who is certifying your documents
- Details of the products you’re planning on manufacturing
- If applicable, a copy of the BIS License
- Reduction of hazardous waste compliance (RoHS Compliance)
- Recycler details
- Estimation of how much E waste would be produced from your manufacturing facility
- Details of the awareness programs that you’ve implemented to make your customers aware of Waste management.
- Plan you’ve implemented to take over Extended Producer Responsibility
- Copy of the agreement that you’ve signed with the dealers, collections centers, storage, disposal and recyclers.
- A web site content with sole focus on content based on E Waste Management.
Once you’ve accumulated the documents and the information you’re required, you need to file the application for EPR registration. The process is as follows:
- Collections and organization of the documents: Our consultants take on the task to collect and organize all the required documents.
- Filing the application: Once you’ve collected the documents, our EPR consultants shall file the application on your behalf to the CPCB or Central Pollution Control board.
- Assessment of the application: The board would then assess your application. It’s at this stage you’ll realize the ups and downs of application filings. Things what you think you’ve filled right, but turn out to be wrong. That’s why, our experts are there to lubricate and expedite the entire process properly.
- Getting the EPR Certificate: Once the application is accepted, you’ll be granted the EPR certificate. And with it, the right to run a electronics company.
Here is the process to apply for and get the EPR License. If any of these steps are confusing to you, feel free to reach out to us. We’ll help in expediting the process at the time that suits you.
Vicky kumar is a company analyst in IP1 License.