What Is Smo? Social Media Optimization Explained
Posted: Nov 24, 2020
What is the meaning of SMO?
SMO or Social Media Optimization is the use of a number of social media outlets like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc to manage and grow a brand’s or an organization’s online presence through generating awareness and publicity. It is a digital marketing strategy that is used to increase the visibility of a company’s new product and services, connect with its customers, and do crisis management if needed.
How is SMO done?
Social Media companies in Delhi practice SMO through mainly two forms:
Search Engine Optimization- which is the process of developing and designing the website of the client in a way that ranks as high as possible on the search engines like Google, Bing, Reddit, Linkedin, Instagram, etc.
Its visibility increases when the user likes the webpage by clicking on it and that increases the web page's quality.
Viral Marketing- where the word of mouth creates awareness amongst the target audience and is done through social bookmarking, video and photo sharing, etc. The goal here is to stay up to date with the social trends and develop the website in a way that it retains the existing customers while attracting new ones at the same time.
What are the different types of Social Media Optimization?
There are mainly two types of SMO:
- On-site SMO- which includes Sharing and Like buttons, User rating for new products and services, RSS feeds, polls, etc
- Offsite SMO- which includes Blogs, participating in discussions, having profiles on different social media platforms, press releases, etc.
What are the rules that are followed in Social Media Optimization for getting maxim benefits?
Some of the rules for SMO are:
- To increase the linkability
- Making bookmarking and tagging easy for the customers
- Share your content to get more exposure
- Provided information and resources to the users
- Reward inbound links
- Reward helpful, regular, and valuable customers with memberships, additional discounts, etc.
- Know your target audience and listen to their opinion
- Don't be afraid to experiment and try new things
- Be ‘real’ and ‘authentic’
- Choose your SMO strategy wisely to get maximum benefits.
What are the advantages of SMO?
Some of the advantages of using SMO are:
- Creating brand awareness through social media platforms
- Attracting and getting the right audience to your website
- Influencing customer’s opinions about the quality of your brand and business
- Improving search rankings
- Connecting with the clients and staying relevant to them
- The higher probability to generate enhanced returns on your investment
- Getting clients, prospective clients, fans, and business partners all in one place
- Reducing the cost of traditional marketing with SMO
- Reach to a wider audience as compared to traditional marketing and at a low expense.
- Being interactive with the clients
What are the main social media platforms used for SMO?
A good SMO company in Delhi will target the top social media platforms that are widely used as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, in some cases Youtube, etc to increase connectivity and visibility to the target audience.
The author is an experienced writer in the PR Management field and has written so many articles related to Digital Marketing, Branding Companies, Media Relations & PR Company