PMP Certification Requirements | Are you eligible for PMP?
Posted: Dec 11, 2020
The PMP certification exam is controlled and monitored by the Project Management Institute ( or also known or called the PMI). Once your PMP certification form is well approved and you have certainly paid the PMP exam fees, you will surely receive an email from the PMI with all the guidelines and a PMP certification primary code for making a separate schedule for your exam at a testing head. Be sure to formulate a schedule and take up the PMP certification exam within one year, so you don’t have to apply again and begin the method all over again.
The PMP exam comprises 200 multiple-choice questions, and you will need to have 4 hours to complete the test correctly. Right now, the PMP exam grasps all 5 project management aspects:
- Formulating (that makes up around 13 %)
- Making plans (around 24 %)
- Implementing (nearly 31 %)
- Managing as well as handling (sums up to be around 25 %)
- Ending (approximately 7 %)
That is manipulating, however. According to a survey in January 2021, the PMP exam will be upgraded with an overall focus on the following 3 parts:
- Candidates (around 42 %)
- Methods (nearly 50 %)
- Business atmosphere (which makes up around 8 %)
PMP certification list of requirements for the same: PMP certification list of qualities is based on the main three prerequisites, which are listed below:
- Years of experience in project management: If you have already worked on several projects that are summed up in a single month, only one of those completed projects can be considered your experience need. It does not matter if some of your project management work has gone unpaid, as long as the experience you achieved took place in a professional surrounding. School or private assignments like formulating your wedding, for example, are not an option to be counted.
- The time utilized in leading as well as heading projects: For this PMP certification need, it is okay to count all the utilized hours you directed as well as managed projects, even if the work just got overlapped. Just leave solo assignments out of the mix. This requirement is mainly intended for cross-operational group projects where you were the sole responsible person for every aspect and handled the project across the subtle constraints of time, money, and the outcome.
- Time spent in the formal project management course training: Before you opt to apply for
PMP certification needs vary based on your tier of education. Suppose you graduated from a college with a bachelor’s degree, for example. In that case, you stand a chance to take the PMP exam with comparatively less on-the-job project handling or monitoring.
PMP certification needs: Bachelor’s degree or something equivalent as well as worldwide recognized
- 3 years (or 36 months to be precise) of non-overlapping expert project management work experience
- Nearly 4,500 hours managing as well as controlling projects as the head
- Around 35 hours of non-informal project management course training
PMP certification needs: High school diploma, relevant degree, or some equivalent qualification which is popular in global terms
- 5 years (or nearly 60 months to be precise) of non-overlapping expert project management experience in the same sector
- Around 7,500 hours heading as well as tracking the progress of the assigned projects
- Nearly 35 hours of non-informal project management course training
The PMP enhances that you speak and communicate the global language of project management, which will connect you to a wide group of experts.