The future of Instructional Designers
Posted: Jan 19, 2021
We are in the midst of a significant learning junction. Half of the industry is driven by research into how people currently use the web. According to them, observational data compiled from non-learning activities hardly makes a strong foundation for learning. The other half of the industry sees the exciting things happening in the realm of augmented reality, virtual reality and real-time 3D and recognises that something big is happening.
Augmented reality is the result of using technology to superimpose information like sounds, images and text on the world users see. Whereas, virtual reality means computer-generated environments for you to interact with, and be immersed in.
Instructional design is the creation of learning experiences and materials in a manner that results in the acquisition and application of knowledge and skills. As the field of instructional technology pivots quickly to Virtual Reality, online learning developers/ E-content Development company must chose the correct strategy for creating the Virtual Reality learning experience. Otherwise learners will have a "cool" experience in the Virtual Reality environment, but not have tangible learning results.
All instructional designers apply this systematic methodology to design and e-content development experiences, and other solutions to support the acquisition of new knowledge or skills. E-content Development Company is now focusing in this regard to use these technologies.
Whether for developing classroom instruction, an e-learning course, or an on-demand performance support solution or for e-content development, following sound instructional design processes will help in creating more successful solutions.
To make the instruction meaningful, there is a need to apply and adapt exciting strategies to the new technology. The most important role of instructional designers in the near future will be to make sure that the "coolness" factor of Virtual Reality does not overshadow the powerful and meaningful learning that can occur when Virtual Reality is properly designed to maximise learning.
About CNP IETM:
Backed by rich industry experiences, we are highly engaged in offering an optimum quality Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals Service. Our offered services have gained wide appreciation from our precious clients for their varied associated attributes like promptness, flawlessness and perfect execution. Services, offered by us are performed using the best grade tools and modern technology. Our experts examine all the parameters associated to these services and execute them in an excellent manner. Furthermore, provided services can be availed by our valuable clients at most competitive prices.
1. Introduction to IETM |History of IETM | what is IETM?
- Technical manuals (e.g. maintenance, user, training, operations, etc) published in electronic format are becoming more and more popular than paper based manuals for their interactivity, convenience and ease of use.
- For example, the maintenance and operation manuals of a warship, which used to occupy 300 -350 sq. feet of prime area with thousands of pages of technical literature
- It was very difficult to refer some operating process or trouble shooting from thousands of hardcopies. Each time, maintainers had to refer multiple books to get information related to issues.
- To address these issues, IETMs were introduced in ships initially. IETM is the replacement of paperwork / hard copies
- IETMs are now replaced by their electronic versions occupying very little space and can be viewed on tablets from any part of the ship. These electronic technical manuals are termed as Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM) or Interactive Electronic Technical Publications (IETP).
- Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs) or Interactive Electronic Technical Publications (IETPs) are technical manuals (such as maintenance, training, user or operations manuals) usually authored in XML or HTML -5
- IETMs are a portable, electronic "library" which contain thousands of pages of documentation and images and allows end users to trace technical documentation in a more efficient manner, and the digital nature provides a more agile and accurate method of updating technical documentation.
CLP (Canvas Learning Platform) CNP Canvas is a cloud-based learning management system (LMS). Code and Pixels learning management system software is flexible, validated, adaptable and customizable and so easy to use.